Request Clarification on Mod/Fixpack Compatibility

Guest Guest_Tom_*

Guest Guest_Tom_*

I've just recently gotten back into BG II after a relatively long drought, so I decided to begin a new BG I game using the EasyTutu version of BG Tutu. I have a couple questions regarding the Baldur's Gate II Fixpack and The Baldur's Gate II Tweakpack ("BG2 tweaks"):

- The documentation for the BG Fixpack states that certain features of BG2 Tweaks have been deprecated. Does this mean that BG2 Tweaks has been deprecated by the Fixpack entirely (and thus I should not install both), or merely the specific features mentioned (and thus I can safely install both and merely not install the specific features mentioned)?

- The BG2 Tweakpack is fully compatible with BG Tutu. Is the Fixpack only compatible with BG II, or can it too be installed onto a Tutu game?

Thanks in advance for the help!

I've just recently gotten back into BG II after a relatively long drought, so I decided to begin a new BG I game using the EasyTutu version of BG Tutu. I have a couple questions regarding the Baldur's Gate II Fixpack and The Baldur's Gate II Tweakpack ("BG2 tweaks"):

If you're using EasyTutu, you should use no fixpacks at all (except the official patches, of course) as it already contains the relevant fixes. For regular Tutu (v4) you can use BG2 Fixpack.

- The documentation for the BG Fixpack states that certain features of BG2 Tweaks have been deprecated. Does this mean that BG2 Tweaks has been deprecated by the Fixpack entirely (and thus I should not install both), or merely the specific features mentioned (and thus I can safely install both and merely not install the specific features mentioned)?

Only specific components are deprecated. They'll be automatically be skipped by Tweaks if it detects Fixpack.

Thanks a lot for the help! That clears some things up for me. (Also note I am no longer a lurker! Yay for actually registering. I admit to chuckling at the "Are you a spam bot?" question)

Now to guide Maro Pythates the Wild Mage through the treacherous epic labyrinth of the......Nashkel Mines. *sigh* Man I hate kobolds at level 1. At least I'll get sweet, sweet revenge in a couple thousand more XP when I send wave after wave of Monster Summon I cannon fodder at my enemies.

I guess a final question: I installed Weimer Ease-of-Use and the Baldurdash fixpacks long, long ago on my BG II install. If I want to install the current BG2 Fixpack, is it ok to merely uninstall the Ease-of-Use components, then install the Fixpack, or should I re-install the game from scratch?

For the safest and most enjoyable experience, I would do a clean install and patch - you are going to want to do that for EasyTutu anyways. Then, since you are getting back into it, go over to PocketPlane and download the clean backups there - they can be a lifesaver.

Have fun playing - you ashould really, really enjoy the new go-around. Lots of cool stuff to add to the experience.

p.s. - if you have older mods lying around, go check all the forums again and get the newest versions - things have changed, and for the better - alot :band:

Archived