Female Gamers

Domi

It doesn't prove anything, even if it used, say, a 5000+5000 people sample (which is unfeasible, given the cost of fMRI).

Besides, if the people were non-gamers and the game would have been a FPS, then women would have rocked the test - since they're stubborn enough to have fun in front of the challenge of learning mouse-and-WASD, whereas men would be frustrated and give up :)

Anedocte (skip if you're easily offended):

on a Monday, a teacher comes to class and says "bad news Valerio, a research proved that men who masturbate and don't have sex die three years younger than men who have regularly sex", and hands me a newspaper citing the results of the research. (yeah, I had a teacher like that... and she didn't exactly use 'masturbate' as a term, either)

On Tuesday, she said "good news Valerio, another team of scientists proved that men who masturbate at least twice a day live ten years longer on average", and handed me another newspaper citing the research.

--> I don't usually trust this kind of "X is more Y" researches, I posted that just to enjoy some flames that don't involve V/S/B :D

Archived