Anyone have a list of weapons that have an 'enchantment' beyond their bonuses?

Bursk

I was wondering how many weapons there are like this, and would appreciate it if someone could provide me with a list (for BG1 as well as BG2, if applicable).

Do all these weapons have 'strikes as a +X weapon' in their item descriptions? If not, any chance a component that adds this info could be added to the BG2 Tweak Pack or some similar mod? It'd be nice to know the exact details of each weapon without having to look on gamefaqs or similar.

I think I read somewhere that the Mace of Disruptions fall into this category (while I think of it, is it possible to get the Mace of Disruption if you side with Bodhi, or is it only when siding with the Shadow Thieves?), but they don't have 'strikes as a +X weapon' in their item descriptions.

Off-hand, I remember that the Equalizer hits as a +3 weapon, but that's in the description. There's also the "+x/+y vs. Z" group of weapons, but those are inconsistent in the unmodded game.

And you can get the MoD either way; siding with Bodhi only lets you get it earlier, like the Amulet of Power and the Shadow Thieves.

I was wondering how many weapons there are like this, and would appreciate it if someone could provide me with a list (for BG1 as well as BG2, if applicable).

BG doesn't use the enchantment system so it's moot. In BG2, MoD and IMoD strike as +3 and +5 respectively; Staff of Striking is +3; and Staff of the Magi is +5. Almost all (post-Fixpack, all) of the mixed-target weapons, like Bastard Sword +1/+3 vs. Shapeshifters, use the higher bonus as their enchantment .

Do all these weapons have 'strikes as a +X weapon' in their item descriptions? If not, any chance a component that adds this info could be added to the BG2 Tweak Pack or some similar mod? It'd be nice to know the exact details of each weapon without having to look on gamefaqs or similar.

Dorner added these to the descriptions in the GTU, which means Fixpack GTU has inherited them as well.

Archived