Troubles with Alter Weapon Proficiencies

temujin

Speaking of bugs, not sure if something is messed up with the Alter Weapon Proficiency System or if it has to do with Easytutu.

Under Easytutu, installed the Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> BG-Style Weapon Proficiencies, With Weapon Styles component, played the game without any problems.

Later under BG2, I didn't install the Alter Weapon Proficiency component. Importing a multiclass character from easytutu assigns the wrong proficiencies to the character. Probably this happens for single class chars too.

For example, a fighter-mage-cleric with *** in Spiked Weapons in the easytutu game gets assigned *** in LONG SWORDS when exported into BG2 :band:

A fighter-thief with **** in Large Swords under easytutu gets assigned **** in Axes when exported to BG2 ;)

.. and so on.

It's mentioned in the readme:

If you import your characters to another game without this component you will need to use Shadowkeeper to change their proficiencies to the standard BG2 set.

There's no way we can get around this, sorry.

It's alright. No big deal. And Cam, I actually did read the readme. And reading that very same sentence that you quoted is exactly why I did install it. It seems a bit misleading though.

If it had instead said something like "If you import your characters to another game *with this component installed* you will need to use Shadowkeeper to change their proficiencies to the standard BG2 set.", then it would've probably been a better warning.

Anyway, no biggie. I'll just fix it with SK.

Personally, I think that "If you import your characters to another game that doesn't have this component installed you will need to use Shadowkeeper to change their proficiencies to the standard BG2 set" would be slightly more clear.

Guest Guest_temujin_*

Yeah, even that seems ok... It's just that reading the original sentence from the readme kind of gives the impression that it is talking about the "current game" (i.e. the one where you're about to install the tweak pack), not from the point of view of the game where you're about to export your characters to. I particularly got confused when it said "import to". English isn't my main language, but shouldn't it be "export to" instead? or "import from" ?

Actually, they could "fix" it by assigning the category names to replace a weapon from the category, for instance LONGSWORD could be replaced with LARGESWORD, MACE with BLUNT.

you wouldn't get to choose your exact proficiencies on import, but it wouldn't be FUBAR then.

Archived