I love, i love you not.

Guest Guest

Time to wash my brain with acid again, I see.

Nah, not really.

I was going to attempt writing an encounter with Dawnbringer Alvanna (the Lathanderite who stands in the street in the temple district and answers your questions about Lathander), but I got sidetracked by other writing projects. I might try and pick it up again.

Dunno - I was kinda hoping for the [snip]

That was tasteless. :band:

;)

My dearest Lady Jastey -

of course it was :D

@original topic;

All points of view welcome, I think, especially JCompton's - as the pioneer of more adult treatment of the romance materials, he has gone through the experience of deciding when something is too much with the BG2 Flirtpack.

Before I started doing stuff on this, I read all of the Flirtpack and Banterpack materials, contrasted them against the .tra entries in several regular romance mods, then contrasted those versus the BioWare entries. Then I went looking for FanFics with romantic and erotic content (and came screaming back to the canon materials - it was a liiiitle too dark and scary for me, and pretty uncomfortable...). Taking the most explicit Flirtpack entries (especially Viconia's) as the "farthest edge" of content made a confortable space to explore just beyond.

Then again, I ended up creating the Noober Romance thing as a joke, and it works in this context, so I should shut my mouth and go back into my corner.

The problem with proliferation to cover categories of interactions rather than telling miniature vignettes or stories is that it begins to become "same old same old". I think instead of looking at what isn't covered, if folks just see a character they always thought was interesting and wanted more interaction, then write up a romantic encounter/scene/story, it will continue to be a good thing. A RE can indeed be absolutely friendly an dflirty, like the dinner with Aran Linvale, or it can be a quick meaningless hookup like Ainshen, or it can be a "Hey, you are cu... oh. Wow. Ok, you're the Bhallspawn. Nope. I'm here with someone. But I bet you have some stories to tell... wanna join us at that table for a drink?"

I am interpreting JCompton's advice as trying gently to say "write stories because the stories are interesting to you", instead of "ok, who hasn't been propositioned yet?". But I could be (and often am) wrong.

Archived