Anomen's Infinite Whining

CamDawg

Posted over on the BioWare forums:

Ok, I'm playing evil and accepted Firkraag's plan to get the deed from Garren Windspear. Garren's child was immediately killed, I stole the deed, gave it to Firkraag, and then turned around and killed him.

But now (about 1-2 days after), Anomen is complaining about Garren's child and how we must now shirk our duty to save him. First, Garren's child is dead. Second, I had Anomen fail his test, so he shouldn't be acting all lawful (be chaotic neutral, damnit!). Will Anomen keep complaining and eventually leave?

Also, Anomen is my romance, if that makes a difference.

This is spurred by this block in anomen.bcs:

IF
 InParty(Myself)
 GlobalTimerExpired("ddKidnapTimer","GLOBAL")
 Global("ddAnomenWhine","LOCALS",0)
 !GlobalGT("Kidnap","GLOBAL",3)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("ddAnomenWhine","LOCALS",1)
StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)
SetGlobalTimer("ddKidnapTimer","GLOBAL",THREE_DAYS)
END

The associated banter sets ddAnomenWhine back to 0, allowing this block to repeat ad nauseum. To prevent this if the quest is resolved in evil fashion, we should add !Dead() triggers for garkid01 and garkid02.

Added to the existing patch which already makes the banter possible:

// Puts the variable setting in front of the dialogue triggering so that Anomen's complaint about delaying Garren kid's quest gets triggered
// also add triggers to stop infinite whining if anomen is !good
COPY_EXISTING ~anomen.bcs~ ~override~
 DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~\(StartDialogu?e?NoSet(Player1)[%tab% %lnl%%mnl%%wnl%]+\)\(SetGlobal("ddAnomenWhine","LOCALS",1)\)~
  ~\2 \1~
REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~Global("ddAnomenWhine","LOCALS",0)~ ~Global("ddAnomenWhine","LOCALS",0) !Dead("garkid01") !Dead("garkid02")~
 COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
 BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Archived