HOWTO : easy way to build GemRB on windows

zefklop

Is there an easy way to do this, like a file that I can download and just click on it and have it work. I can program a CNC, build engines, and trannies, but this like voodoo to me... I just want my old games to work in win 8.1 like they did in win7. No mental masturbation, just install the game and play it...

Is there an easy way to do this, like a file that I can download and just click on it and have it work. I can program a CNC, build engines, and trannies, but this like voodoo to me... I just want my old games to work in win 8.1 like they did in win7. No mental masturbation, just install the game and play it...

While I, unfortunately, cannot offer an easier way of building GemRB (compiling software isn't a simple task to begin with), as I have moved away from Windows and have had little to no contact with these scripts in a long while, the absolutely easiest way of getting the games to run is to buy them again from GOG as they guarantee that the games should work (or you get the money back if they cannot solve it).

Okaayyyyyyyy, I know almost for a fact I didn't get gemrb set up, as I know I didn't go fumblefuckin around with the gemrb config for this game, and yet Baldurs Gate TOTSC seems to be working, after installing with my original 15+yr old discs. :crazyeyes: Wonder what I did, and I hoe like hell I can repeat it for all my other infinity engine games...

Archived