Icewind Dale Tweak Pack v8 Released

CamDawg

The Icewind Dale Tweak Pack brings many of the tweaks from BG2 Tweak Pack to Icewind Dale. Some of these were fan requests, others are needed fixes, and others simply make dealing with the more irritating aspects of the game engine easier. Version 8 fixes various bugs, expands the Assorted Fixes component, and now features a full Italian translation

Relevant links:

Changelog for v8:

• Corrected contact email address displayed if the mod fails to install
  • Readme now displayed at the beginning of installation, instead of after
  • Revamped and expanded creature patches in Assorted Fixes that required inventory changes to use the new WeiDU commands; this should make maintenance easier
  • Kresselack's Sword is fine; Assorted Fixes was patching an unused copy and this has since been dropped
  • Added fix for Misery's Herald in Assorted Fixes
  • Expanded Weapon Animation Tweaks to cover one-handed blunt weapons (clubs, maces, morning stars) and changes morning stars to appear as maces on the avatar of your characer
  • The Gems and Potions Require Identification component now requires items to be identified before being able to use them
  • Fixed bug with Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Armor, where it was not adjusting item descriptions due to not loading a needed library
  • Failed to include the complete Italian translation last time; it's really there in this version (still thanks to Andrea C.)
  • Adjusted code for the Add Save Penalties for Spells Cast by High-Level Casters component to interact better with malformed spells. Also fixed install bug where this component was not properly grouped, causing it to always appear as an option when installing
  • Touched up and corrected the readme in a few places based on comments from players

Yxunomei has this gem in her combat script, hurting herself (if her MR fails) and her allies:

IF
 HaveSpell(WIZARD_CLOUDKILL)
 See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
Spell(Myself,WIZARD_CLOUDKILL)
Wait(2)
END

Villagers in the first level of Dragon's Eye still aren't fleeing after the Lizard King is dead and quest XP is rewarded. Curse that OnCreation() trigger (4001vil.bcs).

Something in the script for the shadowed orc shaman (shamen? shamans? shapeople?) (shorcsh1) in the Severed Hand is wrong, as one of them was kind enough to cast Heal Moderate Wounds on me in the midst of battle. The script is full of blocks like this:

IF
 HaveSpell(CLERIC_CURE_MODERATE_WOUNDS)
 See(NearestEnemyOf(NearestEnemyOf(Myself)))
 !StateCheck(LastSeenBy(Myself),STATE_REALLY_DEAD)
 HPPercentLT(LastSeenBy(Myself),75)
 Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
Spell(LastSeenBy(Myself),CLERIC_CURE_MODERATE_WOUNDS)
Wait(2)
Continue()
END

There are 10 blocks that iterate through the ten NearestEnemyOf objects, i.e. See(Second/Third/Fourth/etc/NearestEnemyOf(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))). Are these wonky, or am I missing something else going on? (OK, after setting aside the goofy enemy-of-my-enemy-is-my-friend targeting.)

Cool. They wanted to heal the closest enemy to a PC (I guess because the closest is likely to be in melee and getting the hurt); not terribly surprising that it doesn't work.

I'd just change it to [255], but it might be worth looking into any specific IWD objects (or if NearestMyGroup is reliable - I think everybody has specifics in IWD, so it might be more useful there than in BG2). Farm out through the audience with nthNearest([255]) if that works in IWD too.

Cool. They wanted to heal the closest enemy to a PC (I guess because the closest is likely to be in melee and getting the hurt); not terribly surprising that it doesn't work.

The downside is that the shaman charges from the safety of 30 feet away into the midst of melee to try and heal an ally that's about to die by the time he gets there. :)

I'd just change it to [255], but it might be worth looking into any specific IWD objects (or if NearestMyGroup is reliable - I think everybody has specifics in IWD, so it might be more useful there than in BG2). Farm out through the audience with nthNearest([255]) if that works in IWD too.

It seems like it's just flaky, as they did heal some of their own folks from time to time. I was thinking it would simply be easiest to add an Allegiance(LastSeenBy(Myself),ENEMY) trigger after it to make sure it's focusing on an ally.

It seems like it's just flaky, as they did heal some of their own folks from time to time. I was thinking it would simply be easiest to add an Allegiance(LastSeenBy(Myself),ENEMY) trigger after it to make sure it's focusing on an ally.
Sure. This would probably lead to a lot of not healing, though, but it's better than healing enemies.

The frost and fire salamanders use rings to provide their frost/fire graphical effects; their timing modes mean these persist on their dead bodies. Change to instant/while equipped so they'll go away once dead.

In Lower Dorn's Deep (ar8001), the group of gnomes near the watchtower go hostile because they're grouped with some random salamanders in the area; move em to map group 2. Salamander 105 has no group.

Brother Perdiem's dialogue is mis-weighted; state 16 should be ahead of state 15.

The party should face east when entering Custanthos' library (ar5102) from the lower level (ar5104).

Links to Wyrm's Tooth (ar7000) from the worldmap should put the party at the FRWMap entrance point.

Oh, just call it a fixpack already.

I agree. :)

Cam, the amount of work you've done here is tremendous. This is far beyond the scope of a mere tweakpack. Make this into an official IWD1 fixpack and give it its own forum(s) akin to the BG2 variety.

No. Redrake over at CoM launched an IWD Fixpack and I've already offered everything in the component for his use. This component will be deprecated as soon as that project gets up to speed as a viable alternative.

Opening the portal in the TotL jackal caverns is flaky as hell and I got trapped in the cutscene several times. The sequence works much better if the variable sets are moved from cahided.bcs to the end of cahideo.bcs (and moving the CSID to Player1). Basically, cahided would keep trying to interrupt the cutscene.

Archived