Glaicus problem

As the title says, I can't make Glaicus return to normal. I have the Fixpack's fix (disabled UB's one), but it's not working for me. Even though succesfully charming him makes him have a cyan circle and a small spell animation above him, he can't be talked to since 'he appears busy' (attacking him in that state like in vanilla version doesn't work, either). Plus, the circle becomes green quite fast, and after the effect vanishes he's hostile again.

Also, the previous cyan effect is only obtainable with a Charm Person. Domination will simply make him go green (and red after it vanishes).

Any ideas?

As the title says, I can't make Glaicus return to normal. I have the Fixpack's fix (disabled UB's one), but it's not working for me. Even though succesfully charming him makes him have a cyan circle and a small spell animation above him, he can't be talked to since 'he appears busy' (attacking him in that state like in vanilla version doesn't work, either). Plus, the circle becomes green quite fast, and after the effect vanishes he's hostile again.

You probably interrupted his action queue. Once charmed, he forces a dispel magic on himself, then waits a second (don't interrupt!), then turns neutral, and then he initiates dialogue with you.

Also, the previous cyan effect is only obtainable with a Charm Person. Domination will simply make him go green (and red after it vanishes).

The block is keyed off him going into STATE_CHARMED; I'm not sure why domination isn't working here. It uses the same charm flags as dire charm and AFAIK dire charm works.

The block is keyed off him going into STATE_CHARMED; I'm not sure why domination isn't working here. It uses the same charm flags as dire charm and AFAIK dire charm works.

Hmm, doing a recheck, Domination just behaved as the others. I must have missed the cyan circle before, sorry for the false alarm.

You probably interrupted his action queue. Once charmed, he forces a dispel magic on himself, then waits a second (don't interrupt!), then turns neutral, and then he initiates dialogue with you.

Nope, he just stands there, the cyan circle becomes green pretty quick, and after the spell vanishes he attacks again.

Tried it on another install and the Glaicus fix behaves as it should.

I also had a problem with Tower of Deception in my regular game which I was unable to reproduce on the other install.

So, odds are I messed up somewhere in editing the .tp2 fixpack, or an obscure bug between all my installed mods. I'm guessing the former. :band:

Sorry for the trouble guys. ;)

Incidentally, I noticed that the servant that gets killed by a troll when you enter the keep, on the odd case you save him and kill the troll first, will always go 'Help me please' after that. Another cutscene a-la Lucette mayhaps?

Guest Scholar88

Any ideas?

Greetings.

I have been also experiencing the same problem. On my install the result is kind of random. Sometimes the fix works, sometimes not, pretty much as described by Daulmakan. I also have installed ToD plus other mods, UB among them, but I do not remember installing from that mod a fix explicitly referring to Glaicus. I think the problem is probably connected to some interference from another mod, but since there is a fair number of them it is difficult pinpointing which one causes the problem.

Also, in my own experience the only spell working with Glaicus seems Dire Charm, probably because there is no bonus on the saving throw (as per spell description). Usually simple charm is to my party a recipe for disaster. This guy can deal some heavy damage...

Just out of curiosity: I understand that Glaicus forces on himself a dispel magic once charmed by the party. What if it was the party launching at him charm and then dispel?

Do you suggest a reinstall or the only option is putting Glaicus out of his misery? ;-)

Regards,

Scholar88

Guest EarthquakeDamage

There's a patch for BGMain.exe that lets you talk to charmed creatures. It should help cure your Glaicus woes. Check here for details.

Archived