When to announce the mod in progress?

ericp07

Hello,

My mod NPC package is still in its infancy, and it just occurred to me to ask: at what stage of development should this be added to the Mods in Progress category? Is there a formal way I should request this? Advice is most welcome on all aspects of a joinable mod NPC, this one being developed first for Mac OS X, but of course I'll need assistance in also creating a Windows version.

TIA and happy modding,

Eric

Forums start to be useful when you need to coordinate beta testing; before that, a thread is fine for brainstorming (less people posting "\me drools" or "when is it ready?" or "cn n1 send me the beta id liek 2 test?"), and you should use anyway the Modding Help forum for coding issues.

As for requesting, PM CamDawg (here at G3) with a mod name, description, sample work, etc.

Forums start to be useful when you need to coordinate beta testing; before that, a thread is fine for brainstorming (less people posting "\me drools" or "when is it ready?" or "cn n1 send me the beta id liek 2 test?"), and you should use anyway the Modding Help forum for coding issues.

As for requesting, PM CamDawg (here at G3) with a mod name, description, sample work, etc.

Excellent! I'll keep all of this in mind, mostly keeping progress on the down-low while collaborating with whoever I can find to help when needed. The mod may not prove to be anyone's favorite, but I hope the finished product will appeal to many :) I'll be including several optional components, as I learn to create them, that will extend and enhance play with this nice Sylvan Elf ranger.

Thanks,

Eric

Archived