BG1 NPC Project gives NPCs weapons? Which NPCs and what weapons?

Bursk

jastey, you did say that your BG2 Ajantis will use a bastard sword, yes? If so, an optional component to give him the same weapon in BG1 makes sense to me.
Yes, and that's why I think the idea very appealing. Changing the 4 to a 1 in the tp2 is easy (if cmorgan agrees), but as I said, I don't know what his proficiencies are so I am not ready to decide.
Is it worth trying to contact this Theodur to see if they will grant permission for an optional component? I notice he/she hasn't logged in for over a year.

Ah, and I notice that Blucher also hasn't been on for over a year. I did PM cmorgan recently regarding some of Imoen's dialogue, but I can see now why he didn't bother replying. What's the point if no changes will be made?

Actually, Bursk, sorry I haven't replied yet - but it was because I still had it on my "to do" list to look up what Theodur's permissions were and his activity, so you could contact him directly with your thoughts. I can't generate new content unless it is bugfixing, though "bugfixing" is a very broad (and subjective) category. I should have sent you back an immediate "looking into it" reply so you didn't think you were being ignored :)

I see two questions here, I think -

1. Will I change Tutu proficiencies and standard issue weapons as a "bugfix"in-game?

To that, I would like to request "Please use L1 NPCs, and understand that sometimes all folks have to reward a sorceror with is Carsomyr... at which point the party just needs to sell it and get something more appropriate." I already have a section that is pushing the boundaries of buxfixing and the content on this mod is supposed to be closed ;) I can certainly be overruled if three of the set of Jastey, Kulyok, Domi, and berelinde all say "change Tutu proficiencies.

2. Will I change a custom item attached to Ajantis by BG1 NPC when asked by the related author?

The answer to that is "I would not mind doing so, as long as this is not an opening of the floodgates to all the other NPCs getting changes." A change between Long Sword and Bastard Sword in an already added project item makes no differences. Overhauling everyone's items, when some NPCs don't even get one, is another story.

As for his proficiencies, I am unsure - looking at my latest internal -

ok, he has three "modify proficiencies (255)"

at L1 -

one of them 2 stars in PROFICIENCY2HANDED - 111 41c h

one of them 2 stars in PROFICIENCYTWOHANDEDSWORD - 93 3ec h

at L4 -

add 1 star in PROFICIENCYWARHAMMER - 97 44c h

at L6 -

add 1 star in PROFICIENCYLONGBOW - 104 47c h

As for his proficiencies, I am unsure - looking at my latest internal -

ok, he has three "modify proficiencies (255)"

at L1 -

one of them 2 stars in PROFICIENCY2HANDED - 111 41c h

one of them 2 stars in PROFICIENCYTWOHANDEDSWORD - 93 3ec h

at L4 -

add 1 star in PROFICIENCYWARHAMMER - 97 44c h

at L6 -

add 1 star in PROFICIENCYLONGBOW - 104 47c h

That means a long sword is as equally non-ideal as a bastard sword?

Than please, change the sword to bastard sword. :)

/* Ajantis shield */
 COPY ~BG1NPC/Phase1/ITM/X#ISHAJ.BAM~ ~override~
 COPY ~BG1NPC/Phase1/ITM/X#CSHAJ.BAM~ ~override~
 COPY ~BG1NPC/Phase1/ITM/X#AJSHLD.itm~ ~override~
SAY NAME1 @6
SAY NAME2 @7
SAY UNIDENTIFIED_DESC @8
SAY DESC @9
  PATCH_IF (~%tutuorbgt%~ STRING_EQUAL ~BGT~) THEN BEGIN
	WRITE_ASCII 0x44 ~GSHLD03~ #8  // ground icon8
  END

/* Give Ajantis his shield and a bastard sword (no proficiency) */
 COPY_EXISTING ~%tutu_var%ajanti.cre~  ~override~
			~%tutu_var%ajanti4.cre~ ~override~
			~%tutu_var%ajanti6.cre~ ~override~
ADD_CRE_ITEM ~%tutu_var%SW1H01~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ ~WEAPON1~ EQUIP
ADD_CRE_ITEM ~X#AJSHLD~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ ~SHIELD~

Personally, I am going to give him the correct proficiencies through L1 NPC when I play, but I had better leave systematic changes in proficiencies to TutuFix, Macready, of a Fixpack of some sort. If I start playing with profs, there will be no end of difficulties, I think.

Archived