Can I create these weapons?

ericp07

If they're going to dualwield the claws, remember to actually give your Malar priests some proficiency points in dualwielding as well, or they won't be hitting much with those things.
That occurred to me, so I need to find out how to assign that (meaning which file, and what change to make).
Add an effect to your CRE, edit it to Type=Modify proficiencies (233), Proficiency=Proficiency2Weapon (114), Timing mode=Instant/Permanent (9) and # stars=1 to 5.
If they're going to dualwield the claws, remember to actually give your Malar priests some proficiency points in dualwielding as well, or they won't be hitting much with those things.
That occurred to me, so I need to find out how to assign that (meaning which file, and what change to make).
Add an effect to your CRE, edit it to Type=Modify proficiencies (233), Proficiency=Proficiency2Weapon (114), Timing mode=Instant/Permanent (9) and # stars=1 to 5.

Ah, nifty! Is there a list of these proficiency codes somewhere that I could refer to as needed?

Thanks so much!

Eric

Would the IESDP contain this?

Icen

I'm just beginning to explore IESDP. So far, my impression is that you really have to know what you're looking for in order to make use of it; I don't see much in the way of explanation of things, but again, I've only just begun...

- E

The crashing bug doesn't affect the game under Mac OS 9, so just boot there and make your characters.

CDBeast will be a mod item (the "CD" means "CamDawg"). There's no such item in the default game.

You can find a list of proficiencies in STATS.IDS (look for the PROFICIENCY stats) and in WEAPPROF.2DA (the second column, ID, is the stats value). Recent versions of WeiDU will allow you to "SET_BG2_PROFICIENCY PROFICIENCY2WEAPON 3" (where PROFICIENCY2WEAPON is the STATS.IDS symbol of the proficiency you want to add); note that two-weapon style has a max of 3 stars and the other weapon styles have a max of 2 stars (all normal weapon proficiencies have a max of 5 stars as Miloch posted).

The crashing bug doesn't affect the game under Mac OS 9, so just boot there and make your characters.

CDBeast will be a mod item (the "CD" means "CamDawg"). There's no such item in the default game.

You can find a list of proficiencies in STATS.IDS (look for the PROFICIENCY stats) and in WEAPPROF.2DA (the second column, ID, is the stats value). Recent versions of WeiDU will allow you to "SET_BG2_PROFICIENCY PROFICIENCY2WEAPON 3" (where PROFICIENCY2WEAPON is the STATS.IDS symbol of the proficiency you want to add); note that two-weapon style has a max of 3 stars and the other weapon styles have a max of 2 stars (all normal weapon proficiencies have a max of 5 stars as Miloch posted).

Coolness...thanks for these items. Last night, I restored critical files, and am now in the process of installing all the mods yet again, just so I can get through them all in one sequence, and I'll leave all the mod folders where they are, just to make sure nothing chokes for not being able to locate a file. Still strikes me as inefficient, but c'est la vie...

I'm gonna have to install the game for OS 9, if I want to go there to create characters that I can then drop into the characters folder in my OS X BGII directory. Of course, that'll tempt me to also play the game under OS 9, just to see how it performs compared to the OS X version.

- E

Note that you can use the same install in either OS (just boot into Mac OS 9 and launch the copy you already have).

I was hoping that was the case. I'll check it out after I've resolved the latest mod install failure issue...

Thanks,

Eric

Archived