BG II unused items

Demivrgvs

Giving a look to all items i've noticed that many items slots in BG II are filled with items that are actually unused in-game. For example there are some BG I cloaks that didn't make an appearence in the sequel while some items aren't used at all (e.g. PLAT08 which is a golden plate armor apparently) and some item seems a common one while it's rather a unique one (e.g. PLAT02 which is the magical plate +1 looted in the Suna Seni random encounter).

I was wondering if there's a list of these oddities somewhere or if someone can help me track them down. I'm doing a huge item mod that aims to "refine" ALL items and i wish to know if there are items i can make more unique or free slots i can freely fill with new items.

For example SLNG03 (a magical sling +3) seems to be unused in-game, can someone confirm this?

A lot of BG2 unused items are leftovers from BG1, they may never have been intended to be used in game.

Rather than trawl through existing items the Developers probably just created their own, leaving the rest as dross to be carried forward.

Using NI, go to the edit tab on an item. Then Find > all references in game. This will track where items are referenced, if anywhere. The only thing it does not check is the random drop tables.

Note that many unused items are also restored by UB (i.e. wolfskin bag, Cloak of the Wolf, etc.)

Using NI, go to the edit tab on an item. Then Find > all references in game. This will track where items are referenced, if anywhere. The only thing it does not check is the random drop tables.
Thanks!! I've never used this feature before...perfect! :)

Archived