Playing this without the NPC's

Guest Guest_rss_*

Guest Guest_rss_*

Hey, I never got around to play IWD2, so I'd like to play through the first time without these npc's, but I would like to use the audio files for my own characters. I wasnt able to make them work alone, so my question is: If I have this mod installed, and simply fill up my party with my own characters, will the mod interfere with my game?

Thanks in advance!

Ha! I beat Domi to this one!

If it's your wish, yes, you may install the mod and play with a self-created party... and still have it installed if you decide that you want to start a new game *with* the NPCs.

The way IWD2 works, you would have to import the NPCs of IWD2 NPC anyway, so just fill all the slots with your own characters, and you can use whatever sounds from the mod that you like.

Thanks for the quick reply. :) I still seem to have issues however. The soundsets doesnt seem to work when I apply them to my own characters. Is there any way around this? I can assign the soundset, but when i click my character or move it around, no sound comes out.

Also, what lag are you referring to? I noticed some delay when you choose to import one of the mod NPC's, but nothing else.

I am not sure. The soundsets were created as standard soundsets. The bigg in the thread here:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=13223

implies that the ss work for the custom NPCs.

Have you actually run the installer and the ogg files got converted into the wav files?

Lag does not affect everyone, it depends on the system, I think. It shows up in 'busy' areas where lots of things are going on. You won't miss it if you run into it.

Archived