Improved and regular mace of disruption fix?

Hi. I wasn't able to find this in the other section of the BG2 Fixpack forum or the readme documentation. But does the fixpack (v6) address the -4 save vs. death for undead struck by the Mace, but was not working correctly. The second part of my question has to do with the Improved Mace which did not correctly protect the wielder from level draining and if those 2 had been addressed in the fixpack.

Thanks in advance.

Bill Gopher

Both maces already have the proper save penalties; Baldurdash was erroneously adding a second save chance for undead. Otherwise, here's everything for MoD/IMoD:

Maces of Disruption Fixes

The Improved Mace of Disruption already has two fixes: Immunities Don't Suppress All Effects fixes the 'X level drained' messages and Items With Incorrect Icons already documents its generic mace icon. Improved Mace of Disruption had additional errors that needed to be addressed: the damage being done to undead was 1d6 + 5 instead of the listed 2d6 + 4, the 'Undead destroyed' string never appeared because of a bad order of effects, and it lacked the same glowing effect of the regular Mace of Disruption. The regular Mace of Disruption should have been doing 2d6+4 to undead but was actually only doing 1d6+4 damage.

Level Drain : Level drain immunity should suppress the level drain icon, display the negative plane protecton icon, and suppress 'X levels drained' from appearing in the text window.

The Mace of Disruption +2 (blun25.itm) was using generic mace graphics.

Camdawg,

Was it? Oh okay. I was just going by what I knew from those fixes being there on the Baldurdash site. I'm just reinstalling BG2 for the first time in 2 years to play and I wanted to make sure I had all the fixes addressed.

Thanks much! :)

Archived