Amusing Virus-related adverts/pictures

Icendoan

I don't have a picture anymore as it was wiped when I did the system recovery to get rid of the problem but...

I had some stupid spyware thing on my old laptop where I would get a pop up balloon in the lower right by the clock saying "Your computer is severely infected. Click this baloon for help."

Baloon? Right. Of course, clicking it took me to a site where I could pay 50 dollars for an "anti spyware" program to delete the crap.

Greetings !

I hope you didnt clicked on that link... Online scanners are available and usefull but use only scanning from trusted sites of antivir software like NOD 32 , AVG , norton

and so on.

You could solve problems with unwanted popups pictures banners but not texts etc once and forever by downloading http://www.opera.com/download/ or Firefox with certain plugin not sure which is it...

And how to use this function ? it is simple right click on page FREE! place not not picture not text window etc. and select block content..... from now on is simple.

Greetings !

I hope you didnt clicked on that link... Online scanners are available and usefull but use only scanning from trusted sites of antivir software like NOD 32 , AVG , norton

and so on.

You could solve problems with unwanted popups pictures banners but not texts etc once and forever by downloading http://www.opera.com/download/ or Firefox with certain plugin not sure which is it...

And how to use this function ? it is simple right click on page FREE! place not not picture not text window etc. and select block content..... from now on is simple.

I'm well versed enough in windows that I know not to click on crap like that, but thanks. Norton tends to eat up system resources, but I'm interested in seeing what other silly popups people have on their systems or have seen. :)

Greetings !

and so on.

I'm well versed enough in windows that I know not to click on crap like that, but thanks. Norton tends to eat up system resources, but I'm interested in seeing what other silly popups people have on their systems or have seen. :)

I agree, Norton is the Devil. They might be a legitimate company and all, but their products can seriously mess up your computer.

Oh, and don't get me started on what a pain it is to uninstall them (my computer came with Norton pre-installed, and we had to go through files all over the computer manually, and remove its entries. And it still managed to mess up Word and other applications [Office, mostly], in such a way that doc and rtf files that were once opened on my computer can no longer be read on any other computer. And clicking through those error messages six times every time I open Word is a pain in the rear. :O ).

But lets get back to funny virus messages.

- :):):D:):):):)

I'm well versed enough in windows that I know not to click on crap like that, but thanks. Norton tends to eat up system resources, but I'm interested in seeing what other silly popups people have on their systems or have seen.

Ugh never tried norton myself but i was talking about Online scanner

http://www.eset.com/onlinescan/ you will need IE and agree to install Active X plugins to perform this scan. This online scanner is free but dont protects you against viruses only removes current infections.

The point of the thread is not to ask for help, as, as a CRPG modding community, I pretty much expect everyone to be versed in their OS. The point is to post funny pictures that are so blatantly harmful, it is amusing.

No, I didn't click on that particular link, and I run McAfee (preinstalled) Norton 360 (GAH) and AVG (Oh yeah!). So no virus problems ever.

Personally, I say, all these are because Windows is easy to write a virus for. If you don't want to pay for antivirus software, GET LINUX!

Icen

The point of the thread is not to ask for help, as, as a CRPG modding community, I pretty much expect everyone to be versed in their OS. The point is to post funny pictures that are so blatantly harmful, it is amusing.

No, I didn't click on that particular link, and I run McAfee (preinstalled) Norton 360 (GAH) and AVG (Oh yeah!). So no virus problems ever.

Personally, I say, all these are because Windows is easy to write a virus for. If you don't want to pay for antivirus software, GET LINUX!

Icen

You succedfully installed three antiviruses?

ok linux but which distribution you use im wondering.today i downloaded ubuntu and im trying to figure out how to install this

post-2204-1202769075_thumb.jpg no comments for this.... but i knoe people who are clicking on such things

Archived