Feedback and Typos

I've been through a few of the quests now, and I must say that I like it a lot! It adds quite some flavour to some of the areas.

A small comment: I found the experience bonuses to be a bit out of tune with the normal quests in the game. 50 XP is reserved for the Candlekeep Prologue quests, and the things outside get you at least 100/200. In that context, the 30 XP reward for saving the boy in Nashkel seems a bit out of place.

I understand that you don't want to flood BG with senseless amounts of XP (who would?), but this makes the quests stand out a bit, rather than blend in seamlessly with the original game. Apart from this, the quests are easily on the level of the original ones, and I love that - it's just the XP that makes them stand out a bit.

Thank you for the feed back and the kind words!

Thank you for pointing me to the XP-reward. Actually, it should be:

- Sleimquest, fallen Palladin und Familyquest in Beregost - 500 XP

- Unexpected help - 150 XP

- others- 300 XP

It was a long discussion, since I planned on giving 50 XP each, but was convinced otherwise.

Now I look into the files and see 30 XP for the Nashkell Monster, as you reported, 50 XP for the slime quest and none for the Orklover. :)

Seems something didn't get updated in the end. :D

Sorry for the inconvenience. This will be updated for the next version. In case the above listed amounts don't seem reasonable to you, don't hesitate to make suggestions.

Hi great work on the mod. BGI definitely needs quest mods like this one

they make the game much more fun =)

I'll post feedback as I go through the quests.

I felt the following lines from C#Q0802.dlg could use a once over.

SAY #90816 /* ~Ah, here you are! I deeply wanted to thank you. Trun came to me, and... he offered me the opportunity to become his squire. At first I thought he'd lost his mind completely. But when he kneeled down and handed over his sword... He told me it was you who made him understand, and I see what he means. It is the only way to overcome this nightmare. It will help us both to accept what happened.~ */

"deeply wanted to thank you" sounds a bit odd, would sound better without the deeply

~ THEN REPLY #90833 /* ~No, I didn't have an extensive conversation with him yet.~

This sounds odd as well. I would recommend "No, not yet" or "No, I have not had the chance to speak with him."

Overall I really liked the quest, but I did feel it would be better if limited to the return visit to candlekeep rather then being available at the start of the game.

Solving a complex romantic crisis feels out of place among all the basic fetch and return quests at the beginning. No other quest is available during both the start of the game and at the return visit which is another argument for limiting the quest to one of the two time periods.

So far I am having great fun with your excellent addition. Thanks for improving the game.

edit: spelling

Thank you very much for your feed back and kind words, Chronis!

~No, I didn't have an extensive conversation with him yet.~ I agree that it's not the best of phrases. Thing is, if you only said "hello" to Sir Trun but did not make him tell his tale, this answer will be valid as well as for the case if the PC hadn't talked to him at all. For the next version, I will add another line for the one case, to make it sound less weird.

"deeply wanted to thank you" sounds a bit odd, would sound better without the deeply
I wanted her to express her deep feelings of gratitude. How would you phrase this?

I see your point about Candlekeep prolog not having this kind of quests at all, but actually that was one of my motivations to place it there.. I am assuming that most players have played BG1 already, so I think having a new quest there might be something to improve the prologue. I, at least, see Candlekeep in BG1 pretty much the same as Irenicus Dungeon in BGII: a tedious place you have to finish before the real game starts.

For me, the prologue is actually the time to solve this quest, because when the PC returns to Candlekeep in Chapter 6 (?), he has completely different things on his mind than walking from one end to the other, helping lovesicks to reunite. That was my motivation to place it into the prologue, hope it makes sense.

~No, I didn't have an extensive conversation with him yet.~ I agree that it's not the best of phrases. Thing is, if you only said "hello" to Sir Trun but did not make him tell his tale, this answer will be valid as well as for the case if the PC hadn't talked to him at all. For the next version, I will add another line for the one case, to make it sound less weird.
I thought this was fine in proofing, for the reason you give (and also there's nothing wrong with the English). "The subject hasn't come up yet." or just "No, not yet" as Chronis says might work too.
I wanted her to express her deep feelings of gratitude. How would you phrase this?
Also sounded fine to me. An alternate English idiom would be "I wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart." Though that is kind of wordy. Now that I'm looking at it, isn't this a string that should be split in half so it doesn't flood the screen?
* The kids in the babysitting quest don't actually notice your inventory when asking for their things. My PC had them dropped because it was full, but 'managed' to give them the toys & candies regardless. These can later be sold, which I did after the quest was solved, being the cheap bastard that I am. ;)
This is a really stupid thing. I am not sure how to deal with it. I can include checks, whether the item is in the inventory, and include "complain-loops" of the kids if not. The frequence of their complaining should be decreased, of course, to give the player enough time to collect the items from the ground, without being interrupted every time he tries to move his inventory items.

I am still hoping there is an easier solution to this. :thumbsup:

If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.

Archived