my half elf looks like a Drow.

Slayer298

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)

Now we're getting somewhere! As I understand it, this changes the avatar/paperdoll based on what armor you put on. Put on chain, you get the fighter; put on a wizard robe, you get a mage; put on leather, you get a thief, and so on. So this is why you get an avatar/paperdoll change when you put on armor.

But that shouldn't change the colors; the color change to a drow comes by an actual "polymorph" effect, copying a couple of dummy drow creatures "only their appearance". Since it has to be a polymorph to change the appearance for the avatar change, I'd say that somehow "PlayerLooksLikeDrow" is set still. This has to be taken account of in order to not have the avatar change mess up your look when you are supposed to be a drow.

So, Try GetGlobal("PlayerLooksLikeDrow","GLOBAL") - it should be 0

If it is not, then SetGlobal to set it to 0.

Hmmm. Yes, that could be part of the problem. Not sure why the player would have that value set to something non-zero just after leaving Chateau Irenicus, but strange things have been known to happen.

And by the way, to those that have sent me email or screen shots: I haven't forgotten about this. Getting to the bottom of this is next on my to-do list after BG1 NPC.

The SoA patch 23037, followed by installing ToB followed by patch 24698 and (Beta) 26499 prior to below.
The 26499 beta patch is highly unrecommended. Just do the 26498 patch and then the mods. I kinda doubt that'd be causing your problem, but why tempt fate.

Edit: Oh, and also you have this, which I think is the possible component I think may be conflicting. Not that the fault is yours, but you said you hadn't installed it, and it looks like you had:

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)

To be honest I thought I had said 'no' when that one came up. Hmmm. I'll uninstall and reinstall Tweaks with a careful eye to that one. Thanks for catching it : )

Hmmm. Yes, that could be part of the problem. Not sure why the player would have that value set to something non-zero just after leaving Chateau Irenicus, but strange things have been known to happen.

And by the way, to those that have sent me email or screen shots: I haven't forgotten about this. Getting to the bottom of this is next on my to-do list after BG1 NPC.

WizWom - I'l take a look at that variable to see what if it's set to 0 or not. Thank you!

Berelinde - Thank you as well :)

Archived