Xan's quest and moonblade.

Darth Slaughter

Darth, I'm not able to get to this this weekend, but can try next week - you might want to check on SHS with Erebusant and Azazzello, as they have run BG1NPC on some heavy installs).

To start with, can you please grab NearInfinity, and decompile stuff that looks like XAN.BCS, O#XAN.BCS, and if for some really whacked out reason you have something called BGXAN.BCS, and toss them to me at

cmorganbg @ gmail dot com

?

It will help me see what other mods are doing to those files, and see if something is trying to deal with the "xan" DV.

At this point, with a confirmation from Hoppy (just above) and a private confirmation from another BGT user, it looks like you have fallen victim to a "single report glitch", as they report no problems with the quest, but let's make sure that we know for sure.

Darth, I'm not able to get to this this weekend, but can try next week - you might want to check on SHS with Erebusant and Azazzello, as they have run BG1NPC on some heavy installs).

To start with, can you please grab NearInfinity, and decompile stuff that looks like XAN.BCS, O#XAN.BCS, and if for some really whacked out reason you have something called BGXAN.BCS, and toss them to me at

cmorganbg @ gmail dot com

?

It will help me see what other mods are doing to those files, and see if something is trying to deal with the "xan" DV.

At this point, with a confirmation from Hoppy (just above) and a private confirmation from another BGT user, it looks like you have fallen victim to a "single report glitch", as they report no problems with the quest, but let's make sure that we know for sure.

well... first things first:

these files: xan.bcs, o#xan.bcs and bgxan.bcs would be in the \override directory?

What should I send you? copies of these files? or the the decompiled text with all the programming codes?

other thing I might add, is that I found some other glitch, continuing from thge one that is pestering my game now:

If I ask xan to go with the girls to friendly arms inn, he leaves the party and goes there. then I recollect the items that coran, kivan and left on the ground because they were exchanged.

after recollecting all items, I meet xan in the friendly arms inn. He the starts a dialogue automatically, saying that he is alive, and the girls are now safe with some wildeves company. and automatically he rejoins the party.

at this point, I'd wait for the XP (which as i told don't happen).

well, I used the cheat to receive the XP.

When i finally wanted xan to leave the party, I removed him. after I do this with any NPC, he starts a dialogue saying something about being removed. like imoen whining saying that i'll come back for her.

But by now, when xan reach my PC, he starts the same dialogue he gave me in Frindly arms inn. and rejoins again. and then, he would do it forever, every time I remove, even if I have all the party complete, he would just join.

anyway, i then gave up for a while of xans quest and I'm doing kivan ones. Later, i'll try the quest without kivan and coran, and see if anithing goes.

that said, i ask again what and how should I send you, and by the way, what is SHS, and where would i find those brave who risk playing heavy humongous installs? :)

EDIT:

SHS -> spell hold studios. Now i can't go to their forums, probably on the weekend i'll check with them.

well, I have no file called BGXAN.BCS, neither O#XAN.BCS. I just have XAN.BCS.

I had BGXAN and O#XAN with other extension than .BCS.

anyway... no need to rush, and thanks again.

Archived