'Shadowkeeper' for Mac?

Guest Nemo

Is it then possible to change the points in weapon proficiencies through NI?

Not that I'm aware of...however, I recently got advice about this from devSin:

You can find a list of proficiencies in STATS.IDS (look for the

PROFICIENCY stats) and in WEAPPROF.2DA (the second column, ID, is the

stats value). Recent versions of WeiDU will allow you to

"SET_BG2_PROFICIENCY PROFICIENCY2WEAPON 3" (where PROFICIENCY2WEAPON is the STATS.IDS symbol of the proficiency you want to add); note that

two-weapon style has a max of 3 stars and the other weapon styles have a

max of 2 stars (all normal weapon proficiencies have a max of 5 stars as

Miloch posted).

Soon, I'll give this a look for myself. I presume we are to look these things up using IESDP or similar.

- E

Of course it's possible.

Soon, I'll give this a look for myself. I presume we are to look these things up using IESDP or similar.
You're supposed to look these things up with NI. Find Stats.ids and look at it. Find WeapProf.2da and look at it. It's easy. :)

As for editing stars, just find the GAM file of the saved game you want to update, find your PC and navigate to the Edit panel and change the number of stars in the desired "modify proficiencies" effect and save.

Of course it's possible.

You're supposed to look these things up with NI. Find Stats.ids and look at it. Find WeapProf.2da and look at it. It's easy. :D

As for editing stars, just find the GAM file of the saved game you want to update, find your PC and navigate to the Edit panel and change the number of stars in the desired "modify proficiencies" effect and save.

Sweet! It always surprises me when things are easier than I think :) And so, NI proves even more valuable than I already felt it was!

Thanks,

Eric

Is it then possible to change the points in weapon proficiencies through NI?

You can use NI to edit saved games just as you can with Shadowkeeper. You just have to Open File, select the saved game, then open the Baldur.gam file. Select the character you want to edit and have at it.

I generally cheat with my paladin and give him 3 points in bows. No need to mess with IDS or 2DA files this way.

Archived