In which sequence do I have to install the following mods for Mac?

Guest Nemo

All the following mods are either from this site or from MacInfinity. Could you tell me if the following sequence is correct, or if I should change something?

BG2_Fixpack-v6

BG2_Tweaks-v6

G3_Debugging_Suite-v2

WeimerEase_v32

WeimerItemUpgrade_v32

ub_v14

Saerileth_v13

Level_1_NPCs-Beta7

BanterPack_v6

Oversight-v12

PnPCelestials-v4

Ascensionv1421

Extra Bags

Not a heck of a lot of difference between installing on a Mac and installing on a different OS.

I'd try some variation of this:

BG2_Fixpack-v6 (Fixpack always goes first)

G3 Debugging_Suite-v2 (Unless you have some very specific needs, you’ll never use this)

WeimerEase_v32 (Incorporated in BG2 Tweaks)

Ascensionv1421

BanterPack_v6

ub_v14 (Check the relevant threads about this – there are some issues with Trolls…)

Saerileth_v13

Level_1_NPCs-Beta7

Oversight-v12

PnPCelestials-v4

WeimerItemUpgrade_v32

Extra Bags (I think this is incorporated in BG2 Tweaks, too)

BG2_Tweaks-v6

*Don't* install anything before Ascension!

It's an older mod, like Tactics. It doesn't use the most up-to-date patching imaginable. In other words, it installs scripts by copying bcs rather than compiling baf. In other words, it overwrites rather than patches.

Put Ascension right after the fixpack, then do whatever you like from there.

It's an older mod, like Tactics. It doesn't use the most up-to-date patching imaginable. In other words, it installs scripts by copying bcs rather than compiling baf. In other words, it overwrites rather than patches.

Ooh, good catch! I wouldn't have known about that. My best advice to anyone would be not to install any non-WeiDU mods (if that's still meaningful), but that's just me.

Cheers,

Eric

In fact, Ascension should go right before the Fixpack, for all the reasons you listed.

Thank you for your answers. :)

In the above list I forgot to mention the official patch. However, is it necessary to install both (SoA and ToB) official patches, or is it sufficient only to install the one for ToB?

Are there any text-patches, which I should install as well?

ToB patch should be sufficient, if you have ToB. In fact, if you have ToB, you specifically should not install SoA patch.

Fixpack has a separate "Game Text Update" component. I'd advise against it, at least until its next major revision, but since you're installing Saerileth with her abundance of grammatical errors, it probably shouldn't matter.

On the official site of bioware I cannot find a patch for mac. Is the patch on macplay the right one, although it mentions in the descriptions only: 'This patch will only work with the installation of the Throne of Bhaal expansion. It contains the following two fixes:

• Fixes Umar Hills area loading conflict

• Fixes Dual Processor compatibility issues'?

On the official site of bioware I cannot find a patch for mac. Is the patch on macplay the right one, although it mentions in the descriptions only: 'This patch will only work with the installation of the Throne of Bhaal expansion. It contains the following two fixes:

• Fixes Umar Hills area loading conflict

• Fixes Dual Processor compatibility issues'?

Fellow Mac user,

Version 2.1.2 is the patch you need. That's the last one that was made.

Good luck,

Eric

Unfortunately the first problems appeared. When I try to install Ascension, the following error appears (this is only the first part):

ERROR: BIFF [./data/Default.bif] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "./data/Default.bif")

[trigger list near line 19, column 28 of ascension/dlg/balth.d] PARSE WARNING at line 19 column 28-28

Near Text: )

[Alignment] argument [MASK_GOOD] not found in [Align.IDS]

When I try to install the fixpack, then the error apppears that 'Setup-bg2fixpack.command' cannot be opened.

Does anyone has an idea, which mistake I could have done?

I think I have found the problem. I uninstalled it and tried to re-install it. However, the installation starts quite well, but whenever 'Items remaining to be installed: 117' it stops and the 'Installer VISE' crashes.

I am using a PowerPC G4, Version 10.4.11. Does anyone has an idea where the error could be located?

I think I have found the problem. I uninstalled it and tried to re-install it. However, the installation starts quite well, but whenever 'Items remaining to be installed: 117' it stops and the 'Installer VISE' crashes.

I am using a PowerPC G4, Version 10.4.11. Does anyone has an idea where the error could be located?

Exactly what file(s) are you trying to install, and how are you doing it? What is the name of the file you're trying to install with Installer VISE? There may be a better way.

- E

I do not know why it is working now, but it does, and this is sufficient for me. :)

However, I was able to install Ascension, but it still seems that I cannot open 'Setup-bg2fixpack.command', moreover, every file with 'Setup-x.command' cannot be opened, whereas 'install_x.command' can be installed.

I am sorry for all these naive questions but I am not talented with computers.

I do not know why it is working now, but it does, and this is sufficient for me. :D

However, I was able to install Ascension, but it still seems that I cannot open 'Setup-bg2fixpack.command', moreover, every file with 'Setup-x.command' cannot be opened, whereas 'install_x.command' can be installed.

I am sorry for all these naive questions but I am not talented with computers.

My Mac is similar to yours. I've found that I can't open any file with the .command suffix, no matter what. Make sure you have the latest version of weidu-mac (204 as of today), and place a copy of weidu-mac in your BGII directory. Also, make sure you have a copy of Install-tools in your BGII directory.

Here's what you need to do to install mods:

1) Extract the file you've downloaded.

2) Drag-drop the folder into your main BGII directory.

3) Open a Terminal session, and navigate to that BGII directory (by typing "cd /BGII\ -\ SoA" then pressing RETURN or ENTER)

4) If the mod folder contains a .tp2 file, copy all the contents of the mod folder into the main BGII folder, then in the Terminal, type "./weidu-mac [filename.tp2] --tlkout dialog.tlk"

5) If the mod folder doesn't contain a .tp2 file, type "./Install-tools/Install-mod.sh" and press RETURN or ENTER, then drag-drop the mod folder onto the Terminal window at the prompt.

Either way should get you to the install process for the mod. I've just wiped out BGII entirely, placed a saved install of BGII - SoA/ToB, and am now finishing up installing all the mods I have. These two methods work for me; all I have left right now are Refinements and Virtue, then I'll add some custom items to the override folder and be ready to play again :)

If you have OS 9.x installed on your computer, with its own System Folder, you can boot into it and play BGII under it, instead of under OS X. I got that to work last night. The only difference (on my system, anyway) is that, if I want to play multi-player (which I always do), I have to be connected to the Internet. Strange, as I don't have to do that under OS X.

Good luck!

Eric

Archived