Harry Potter question

Domi

Well, we've finally got the DVD of the last Harry Potter movie from the library, and appart from being vaguely confused as to why I am still watching it (must be Hermoine, really), I was kind of wondering if the books give a reason why the bad guys even bother with multiple enchantments when they have that Death Spell that kills immediately and doesn't have a saving throw. Is there some sort of a limitation on it from the caster side or something then?

I was kind of wondering if the books give a reason why the bad guys even bother with multiple enchantments when they have that Death Spell that kills immediately and doesn't have a saving throw. Is there some sort of a limitation on it from the caster side or something then?

The special effects guys need raises.

Yes, though it's smaller than I remember.

It's the original one, with only 100 entries to it. There's some more in Cellblock A and B, though.

Also, remembering the Evil Overlord list brings back good memories. I'm currently reading books like "Heroics for Beginners" and "Bad Prince Charlie" by Alan Moore and "The Tough Guide to Fantasy Land" (which is really non-fiction, but falls in a similar category as "The Dictionary of Imaginary Places" by Alberto Manguel and Gianni Guadalupi, which I also have in my bookshelf. Though the "Tough guide" has the "humour" part added to it, I think - it definitely is already quite hilarious, I had at least one case where I started coughing hardly so that I had to hit my own chest to stop, as I had laughed so hard that I chocked on my own spit.), as I am a bit sick of Fantasy stories that take themselves too serious right now (still have to finish the last Harry Potter book, too). I am also currently reading "Making Money" by Terry Pratchett, which always works, as while these days it's not the pure parody it started as, it still doesn't take itself too serious either.

Oh, "Chicks in Chainmail" collection of short stories by various authors and its sequels ("Chicks and Chained Males", "The Chick is in the Mail", and others) all edited by Esther Friesner are always great. :)

- :):D:):):):):)

(Sigh.) And they say that Evil will win because Good is so stupid.

Only when Good is given an evil artifact of awesome power to destroy.

"My preciousssssss!!!!"

And for a moment, they are tempted to use it for their own selfish reasons......

END SCENE....come watch what happens in a YEAR.

Archived