A branwen doubt

Darth Slaughter

Well, i said before that I installed the game in my cousin's computer.

So, he came here and is complaining about something with branwen NPC. He told me that after she reaches level 3, if she is removed from the party, she leaves forever.

I if he reloads the game before she levels up, I mean, she is level 2, if he removes her from the party, she stays put, and wait for you to call her again. You can do that indefinitely.

He tells me that once she level up, she stays with the party for a long time. She only leaves if removed, and after level 3, with apparent reason. It happens with any other NPC in party, and only after level 3.

He has started to have dynaheir dialogues, but branwen leaving has no indication of romance conflicting.

Branwen was recued after dynaheir.

So, what is branwen's motivations?

PS: I cant really know that myself, because i'm not using branwen in my game.

thank you.

I do not know about the levelling up issue, I'm sorry. It might have to do with your reputation(higher than 10?) or other mods you have installed.

But I do know about the romance: unfortunately, in v14 Branwen Romance doesn't work at all, and cmorgan says the next update will not be soon, so her romance will not work at all until then. Naturally, me being the romance author, I'd like to help you, so try this:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("X#BrFriendTalk","GLOBAL",2)

I do not know about the levelling up issue, I'm sorry. It might have to do with your reputation(higher than 10?) or other mods you have installed.

But I do know about the romance: unfortunately, in v14 Branwen Romance doesn't work at all, and cmorgan says the next update will not be soon, so her romance will not work at all until then. Naturally, me being the romance author, I'd like to help you, so try this:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("X#BrFriendTalk","GLOBAL",2)

well, my cousin said he doesn't care about the romance at all in this playthrough, since he is romancing dynaheir. (as I'm doing, but i try branwen in my second playthrough)

His reputation is about 20, but branwen never leaves by herself. It's only after a level up to 3rd level, and if he removes her from the party.

He has BG1NPC, BGUB, BGT. Anyway, could be the conflict in the branwen component of UB.

Anyway, later i'll go at his house and try to send his weidu.log.

He has BG1NPC, BGUB, BGT. Anyway, could be the conflict in the branwen component of UB.

Yes, this is a problem. It is specifically said *not* to install these components together. It may require a full reinstall, or just try to uninstall the offending component of BG1 UB first.

What you are describing sounds like normal behavior without the happy patch from Tweaks.

You see, neutral characters will remain in the party even at a reputation of 20, but if they are ejected from the party, they will not be available to rejoin if the reputation is that high. They will just leave after dismissal without asking even if the PC is sure about letting them go.

Edit: I've had this happen with nothing but BG1 NPC on my Tutu install, so it isn't BGT, or even UB.

What you are describing sounds like normal behavior without the happy patch from Tweaks.

You see, neutral characters will remain in the party even at a reputation of 20, but if they are ejected from the party, they will not be available to rejoin if the reputation is that high. They will just leave after dismissal without asking even if the PC is sure about letting them go.

Edit: I've had this happen with nothing but BG1 NPC on my Tutu install, so it isn't BGT, or even UB.

well, to tell you the truth, I've installed UB before BG1NPC on his installation, and there were some components in UB that conflicted with BG1NPC.

I went to my cousin's home, and uninstalled UB, the reinstalled it AFTER BG1NPC.

that, well... fixed the problem...

The fact is that UB detects the components that conflicts with BG1NPC if installed after.

Archived