Assertion failed in ChDimm.cpp line number 645

Nemo

I have chosen 'Full install'. Then, in my HD the folder ‚Install Baldur’s Gate II f’ is created, and in HD / Programme [Applications] the folder ‚BGII – SoA’. After the installation of SoA, the folder ‚Install Baldur’s Gate II’ is deleted. When I try to open the game, the above mentioned error occures.

Does anyone has a solution for this problem?

I suppose I found what caused the error. Due to the weird installation program all the files from the data folder on disc 1 were not installed. After copying them to BGII - SoA / data I was able to start and play the game without any further error message. :)

I suppose I found what caused the error. Due to the weird installation program all the files from the data folder on disc 1 were not installed. After copying them to BGII - SoA / data I was able to start and play the game without any further error message. :)

Check your PMs here. It's still worthwhile to use what I sent you.

Happy gaming,

Eric

hey! i've been having the exact sam message come up when i try starting up the game after installing. but i dont have a data folder on disc 1 and i've reinstalled it in full twice, searched for the file MISSound.bif

please help i've been at this all day

hey! i've been having the exact sam message come up when i try starting up the game after installing. but i dont have a data folder on disc 1 and i've reinstalled it in full twice, searched for the file MISSound.bif

please help i've been at this all day

There's supposed to be a data folder in the main BGII directory. It contains .bif files. I don't recall if any of the game discs has this folder that you can copy, or if it's supposed to be created during installation.

- E

Guest Brian

Is there a way to reinstall the entire game (BG2 and ToB) without losing a game save? That is, can I save a game save somewhere, then uninstall BG2 and ToB, restart and open the save from the old game?

I was playing the game, no problem, finished all the quests on the mainland, Spellhold, and was on my way to the Underdark. I was working on leaving the Spellhold island one afternoon, playing fine. I took a break for lunch, came back to the computer and when I tried to boot up I got:

"An Assertion failed in ChDimm.cpp at line number 666

Programmer says: Unable to Open BIF: data:MISSound.bif"

I've tried copying the MISSound.bif file from Disk 1 and overwriting the copy in the data file on my computer, but no luck...

Archived