Problems with Imoen

Guest Scryler

Guest Scryler

I am a newbie that knows practically nothing. Tried to install BG1 NPC Project and shouldn't have...I don't know enough about computers to do that successfully.

Imoen makes a comment of some sort then what I take to be a dialogue screen comes up....big blank area and a smaller area underneath that I can type in and what I type shows up in the big blank area. With no evident result. Everything else is sort of faded out and frozen.

So I deleted everything, so I thought. Started a new game. It's still happening and I don't know how to make it stop.

Any suggestions? I am using Easy Tutu.

Guest Scryler
You didn't try to install the mod with the game running, did you?

If so, you might want to start over.

If that is what happened, don't be embarrassed. I've done the same thing myself.

Yes, I did. And I did start over. And it is still happening.

Scryler, the best thing to do in this case is to check if you are using the Beta version of EasyTutu or the regular version of EasyTutu. Chances are, you visited usoutpost31 (eitherdirectly or through PPG) and got the real regular EasyTutu.

If that is the case, go to your game directory, and rerun the setup-bg1npc.exe uninstall the mod. Then, just to be sure, go grab the clean backup of vanilla EasyTutu files from PPG and follow the directions there, (or simply do the add/remove programs route, and uninstall EasyTutu and then install it again).

If you are using the Beta version, uninstall the whole EasyTutu game and set a new one up; there are no clean backups of the Beta, as it is still in testing :)

Then, make sure that no virus protection or game is running. Extract the mods you want to use into the game directory, and install the mods one at a time with nothing else running.

For a full listing of how wild you can go with your game, try this topic:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=8122

and have fun!

Guest Scryler
Scryler, the best thing to do in this case is to check if you are using the Beta version of EasyTutu or the regular version of EasyTutu. Chances are, you visited usoutpost31 (eitherdirectly or through PPG) and got the real regular EasyTutu.

If that is the case, go to your game directory, and rerun the setup-bg1npc.exe uninstall the mod. Then, just to be sure, go grab the clean backup of vanilla EasyTutu files from PPG and follow the directions there, (or simply do the add/remove programs route, and uninstall EasyTutu and then install it again).

If you are using the Beta version, uninstall the whole EasyTutu game and set a new one up; there are no clean backups of the Beta, as it is still in testing :)

Then, make sure that no virus protection or game is running. Extract the mods you want to use into the game directory, and install the mods one at a time with nothing else running.

For a full listing of how wild you can go with your game, try this topic:

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=8122

and have fun!

Guest Scryler

Thank you. I uninstalled BG1NPC (or the remnants I could find) and Easy Tutu. Lost my old save games...forgot about them. Reinstalled Easy Tutu and while checking to see what version I have, decided to also install the kit modifiers.

Thank you for the helpful link as well.

I probably shouldn't even be playing Baldur's Gate...don't know enough about computers. :) But I love the game. :)

Then, just to be sure, go grab the clean backup of vanilla EasyTutu files from PPG and follow the directions there, (or simply do the add/remove programs route, and uninstall EasyTutu and then install it again).

Now that EasyTutu beta is open, I decided leaving a backup for EasyTutu may be dangerous and/or misleading to users(especially since there's still Tutu v4, etc), so I left only ToB and SoA backups, leaving more rare ones(Tutu, EasyTutu, BGT, IWD, IWD2) to the users themselves.

I probably shouldn't even be playing Baldur's Gate...don't know enough about computers. :) But I love the game. :)

Heck, yes, play - the computer is just the darned thing that sets stuff up and mediates - the stories are *meant* to be played!!!! The computer experience thing, well, that is what the forums are for - folks who like the games enough that they want to make sure other folks get their questions answered so players get the stories.

So jump on in, play, and if you end up not being able to get something installed/working, poke around and ask :)

Archived