How to change weapon proficiencies and attributes with Near Infinity?

Nemo

So, it's a .gam or a .cre I need to open in order to edit the proficiencies in this manner. Got it. Can the same be done with a .chr file?
Yep.

As for changing the code, I see where it says Modify Proficiencies (233) several times in a character's .cre (when opening BALDUR.GAM from a saved game), but double-clicking the entry gives me a list of categories to change this to, but nothing about altering the number of stars. Clearly, I'm in need of a bit more enlightenment.
Can you post a screenshot? When you launch Near Infinity, does it say Welcome to Near Infinity - Baldur's Gate 2 - Throne of Bhaal?
So, it's a .gam or a .cre I need to open in order to edit the proficiencies in this manner. Got it. Can the same be done with a .chr file?
Yep.

As for changing the code, I see where it says Modify Proficiencies (233) several times in a character's .cre (when opening BALDUR.GAM from a saved game), but double-clicking the entry gives me a list of categories to change this to, but nothing about altering the number of stars. Clearly, I'm in need of a bit more enlightenment.
Can you post a screenshot? When you launch Near Infinity, does it say Welcome to Near Infinity - Baldur's Gate 2 - Throne of Bhaal?

Was gonna do that *L* I'll get a screenshot and post it shortly.

No, there's no welcome message when I launch NI.

- E

Sorry, I was mistaken. There's a message on the bottom of the window when I first launch NI that reads: "Welcome to NearInfinity! - Unknown game @ /BGII - SoA - 51003 files available."

Here's what I see when I open the saved multiplayer game, and double-click on the first player character in the list to the right (all with the same name!), then double-click on the first Modify Proficiencies listing:

NI_screenshot

Please advise.

Thanks,

Eric

Not configured correctly (NI won't have the correct list since it can't figure out what game you're using). Did you create baldur.exe and BGConfig.exe in the BG2 directory (in the same folder as the Chitin.key you pointed NI to)? Also, the editors for a lot of the resource types are going to be severely deficient (including the GAM editor).

For reference, the top DWORD (4-byte int) is stars (2) and the bottom is proficiency (92; PROFICIENCY_AXE).

What's with that ass font in the window titles BTW?

Not configured correctly (NI won't have the correct list since it can't figure out what game you're using). Did you create baldur.exe and BGConfig.exe in the BG2 directory (in the same folder as the Chitin.key you pointed NI to)? Also, the editors for a lot of the resource types are going to be severely deficient (including the GAM editor).

For reference, the top DWORD (4-byte int) is stars (2) and the bottom is proficiency (92; PROFICIENCY_AXE).

What's with that ass font in the window titles BTW?

I hadn't gotten around to getting those dummy files into the BGII directory, so I'll do that now, then fire up NI again. I'll look for those items you referenced above.

Heh, the fonts in NI are all defaults. What would you recommend? I have tons of fonts available :)

Thanks,

Eric

Hey, adding those dummy files made all the difference! :) NI now properly recognizes Throne of Bhaal, and I can now see the # stars and Proficiency fields. Also, all the player character names are correct for the party, so I can select any of them in a given saved game.

Mercy buckets!

- E

The Java fonts are generic, but the window title fonts should be inherited from the system (i.e., it should look like every other window title in Mac OS X).

To see fonts like that... (shudder)

Pretty sure my system font is set to Arial. Nice, clean, sans serif font. The ugly font I see in NI looks like Monaco.

- E

I have another question about NI.

Unfortunately I spent all my gold before I had suddenly to go to Sigil. However, I would like to buy some items, wherefore I need gold. :) Is there a possibility to rise my amount of gold (2000 would be sufficient)?

Yeah...

Activate cheats and type:

CLUAConsole:AddGold("2000")

Alternatively;

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("MISC07",2000)

To get 2000 gold, and then buy what you need.

Type into the cheats window exactly.

This is in-game, not in NI

Icen

Archived