Missing items from containers after Spellhold

Guest Fleury

Well, like the thread title says, after i returned from the Spellhold labyrinth and reclaimed my equipment i discovered that at least 80% of all the items i had stored in containers (jewelry, scrolls, potions and ammunition) were missing. The amount of things that were stored in those containers doesn't seem to have an influence though: i had one gem bag for example where all my magical rings and necklaces were stored (approx 10-15 in total) and only one item survived.

Here's my WeiDU-log (after uninstalling this component):

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Multi-Class Grand Mastery
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #3 // True Grand Mastery (extra half-attack, etc.) (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth"
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Wear Magical Armor AND Magic Rings (etc.)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #10 // XP Cap Remover
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #11 // Allow Multi-Player Created NPCs to "Wait Here" When Kicked Out
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #12 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring and Spell-Trap Animation
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #13 // Unlimited Bag of Holding (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #16 // Keep Drizzt's Loot, Disable Malchor Harpell
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #17 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Romance: Bug Fixes (required for later components).
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #25 // Happy: NPCs won't fight with each other or leave the group.
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #26 // Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre)
~SETUP RGENIE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ribald's Genie
~SETUP-AMBER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Amber the NPC MOD for BGII:SoA
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #10 // Detectable spells and effects (required for most other components)
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #20 // Allow Spellstrike to take down a Protection from Magic scroll
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #30 // More consistent Breach spell (always affects liches and rakshasas; doesn't penetrate Spell Turning)
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #40 // Antimagic attacks penetrate improved invisibility
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #50 // Iron Skins behaves like Stoneskin (can be brought down by Breach)
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #60 // Modify the Harm spell so it does damage rather than reducing target to 1 hp -> Enemy Harm spells reduce target to 1 hit point; player Harm spells do 150 hp of damage
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #70 // Make individual versions of Spell Immunity available, so that players can use them in Contingencies etc.
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #80 // Revert Greater Restoration back to only affecting one creature
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #90 // Blade Barrier and Globe of Blades only affect hostile creatures
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #100 // Cap damage done by Skull Trap at 12d6
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #105 // Make Power-Word: Blind single-target
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #110 // Make Minute Meteors into +2 weapons
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #113 // Reduce the power of Inquisitors' Dispel Magic -> Inquisitors dispel at 1.5 x their level (not twice their level)
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #120 // Remove the Shield of Balduran from the game
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #130 // Remove the invisibility power of the Staff of the Magi
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #140 // Move Vhailor's Helm into Throne of Bhaal
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #150 // Move the Robe of Vecna into Throne of Bhaal
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #160 // Remove unrealistically helpful items from certain areas
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #175 // Faster Bears
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #181 // Increase the price asked by Gaylan Baele -> Gaylan wants 60,000 gold pieces
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #201 // Prevent party members from dying irreversibly
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #220 // Smarter general AI
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #230 // Better calls for help
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #235 // Potions for NPCs
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #238 // Improved Spiders
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #240 // Improved fiends -> Fiends have fast, uninterruptable innate magic
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #250 // Smarter genies -> Genies have fast, uninterruptable innate magic
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #260 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials have fast, uninterruptable innate magic
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #270 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons have fast, uninterruptable innate magic
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #281 // Smarter beholders -> Upgrade the beholders found in the hive in the Underdark (borrowed from Quest Pack)
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #292 // Smarter mind flayers -> Illithids have enhanced damage resistance; Illithids can see through invisibility (matches Tactics mod)
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #300 // Smarter githyanki
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #310 // Enemy mages use Simulacrum and Project Image spells (this component will have no effect unless you install Smarter Mages)
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #321 // Smarter Mages -> Mages only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #331 // Smarter Priests -> Priests only cast short-duration spells instantly at start of combat if they are created in sight of the PC
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #340 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB mages -> Only selected ToB mages get HLAs
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #350 // Add high-level abilities (HLAs) to ToB priests -> Only selected ToB priestss get HLAs
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #380 // Improved d'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix") -> Enhanced spirit trolls (as in Tactics)
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #383 // Improved Fire Giant temple
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #385 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #386 // Improved Abazigal's Lair
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #387 // Improved Shade Lord
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #402 // Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings -> Almost-maximum difficulty (maximum for everything except liches)
~SCSII/SETUP-SCSII.TP2~ #0 #410 // Improved minor encounters [almost no content yet]
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells

Yes, i'm absolutely sure. All the equipped items, items from the inventory slots and also all the containers were in that office desk. Just that most of the content of the containers was missing (I compared the content later with a previous save from before the item strip).

It might depend on where you stored them. After some events, some maps get changed into all new ones and anything in the containers is obliterated as far as I know. That's places like De'Arnise Keep and the Shadow Forest where the whole area alters.

How can this be related to SCS? (Which component may cause this?)

Do the same items disappear if you replay the scene or is it random?

Certainly the "items confiscated in Spellhold" patch. I haven't yet had a chance to test thoroughly and work out what the problem is - some weird engine issue in taking containers, is my best guess.

no, it's something weirder than that... s/he's talking about the contents of containers like the Bag of Holding.

Ah, I read "All the equipped items, items from the inventory slots and also all the containers were in that office desk" and leaped to a conclusion. If the containers were in there too then they should have disappeared. It would help if I the entire thread/post. :)

Archived