Unfinished Business for IWD Info

CamDawg

This was a pretty fun mod to do. As I built up the Assorted Fixes for Tweaks, I found all sorts of good stuff as I went through the files. Along with the stuff found by redrake and Kulyok, I had the rudiments of a mod.

I had originally been passing along my findings to Razfallow, as he had mentioned the Czech Sigil modding group was working on a UB-style project. I talked with Razfallow recently about the project and he mentioned it had stalled--with his permission, I went ahead and developed this on my own. Start to finish, this was coded and tested within the span of about three days.

The restorations are, in my opinion, fairly modest. The hardest one was Marketh's ring, as the characterization of Ginafae is significantly different in the cut quests and what actually shipped. I tried to stitch both together in a cohesive fashion, and I hope I've done so.

As always, feedback, comments, condemnations, and suggestions are more than welcome.

For the translators, this is a fairly light mod in terms of strings... :)

It's a clever setup to get more people to play IWD and IWD NPC, I just know it.

(Megalomaniac? Me?)

Anyway, congratulations, and an obligatory dose of salt: I just found out that Jagged Alliance got there first. :)

(Note: I'm all for you linking to BG1 UB/BG2 UB in the readme, because I'll sure be linking to BG1 NPC/IWD2 NPC in mine).

Be kind to your fellow players and modders.

Never!

Quick note: I re-uploaded v1, as the Presio duel was using a library from IWD Tweak's folder instead of its own copy. This would cause the install to fail if IWD Tweaks wasn't in your IWD folder. Thanks to Razfallow for letting me know.

You might want to take a look at Grog's Auril's Bane mod. He fixed several things that could be included, like the Voice of Durdel Anatha quest and Yxunomei restoration.

The Voice quest is already there. For Xyonemei, I thought AB just made her tougher.

Congratulations and thank-you to CamDawg, I was going to install Icewind Dale again and play with the latest Tweak thing but I was too busy yesterday and now I find there is a new Tweak and also a Unfinished Business for me to play! I will get to have so much fun now!

Anyway, congratulations, and an obligatory dose of salt: I just found out that Jagged Alliance got there first. :)

Jagged Alliance 2 -- best game ever.

JA2: Unfinished Business -- not so much :)

For Xyonemei, I thought AB just made her tougher.

It was in fact a restoration. In the original non-HoW IWD, she was immune to weapon less than +3 (except for Conlan's Hammer) and she had various energy immunities. HoW made her less thougher, she is now vulnerable to weapons +2 (and there are plenty of those around by that time) and she can be hurt by energy, although she now have magic resistance and she might resist one of those.

Another thing that I've planning to do in the future, but it might as well be included in an UB mod, is the items displayed in the temple of Tempus. You can see them in prologue, but they are gone when Cryshal Tirith takes its place. Maybe they should be added as items in the game just before the final battle. This might allow them to be used in HoF games if they are too overpowering.

It was in fact a restoration. In the original non-HoW IWD, she was immune to weapon less than +3 (except for Conlan's Hammer) and she had various energy immunities. HoW made her less thougher, she is now vulnerable to weapons +2 (and there are plenty of those around by that time) and she can be hurt by energy, although she now have magic resistance and she might resist one of those.

IWD and TotL versions of tanarri.cre are identical, as are their immunity items. They use immune2.itm to make them immune to +1 and normal weapons. She augments her existing 70% MR, 100% (non-magic) fire resistance, and 100% electrical resistance with yxuresi.itm, which provides a further 50% cold (magical and non-magical) resistance, 50% fire (magical) resistance, and immunity to poison, cloud kill, and confusion. AB's only change is to swap immune2 with immune3 (immune to normal, +1, and +2 weapons). Yxunemei does not have immune3 equipped in any incarnation of the game.

Another thing that I've planning to do in the future, but it might as well be included in an UB mod, is the items displayed in the temple of Tempus. You can see them in prologue, but they are gone when Cryshal Tirith takes its place. Maybe they should be added as items in the game just before the final battle. This might allow them to be used in HoF games if they are too overpowering.

Go for it--there's nothing to suggest this was planned and dropped, so it really falls outside the scope of UB.

IWD and TotL versions of tanarri.cre are identical, as are their immunity items. They use immune2.itm to make them immune to +1 and normal weapons. She augments her existing 70% MR, 100% (non-magic) fire resistance, and 100% electrical resistance with yxuresi.itm, which provides a further 50% cold (magical and non-magical) resistance, 50% fire (magical) resistance, and immunity to poison, cloud kill, and confusion. AB's only change is to swap immune2 with immune3 (immune to normal, +1, and +2 weapons). Yxunemei does not have immune3 equipped in any incarnation of the game.

Then can you explain how is it that she's immune to Erevain broad sword (a +2 weapon) in the normal IWD, but she's can be hurt by it in HoW?

And since we are at the part of suggested dropped parts, I think that donations to temples should be available, as it was in the manual. However, I think this too hardcoded to work.

And of course there's the whole dropped chapter 7where you get to go to a drow city (Rilauven would be my guess) but there's only one small hint in a small file. Guichp7B.MOS.

Then can you explain how is it that she's immune to Erevain broad sword (a +2 weapon) in the normal IWD, but she's can be hurt by it in HoW?

In unpatched IWD, the enchantment level is wrong--but it's fine with 1.06 or HoW.

And since we are at the part of suggested dropped parts, I think that donations to temples should be available, as it was in the manual. However, I think this too hardcoded to work.
Assuming we can get rep to show up on the character sheet. :)

And of course there's the whole dropped chapter 7where you get to go to a drow city (Rilauven would be my guess) but there's only one small hint in a small file. Guichp7B.MOS.
Yeah, I don't think I'll be trying to tackle a new drow city.
Hey, I want that dropped Chapter 8 with Sarevok-kinda-guy, too!

Here's how it goes. When they started making IWD, they used as a base the files in BG1 including the chapter files. At that time, they were planning for 7 chapters in IWD, but they didn't removed those from BG1 they renamed them. Meaning chapter 8 is chapter 1 from BG1. :)

Archived