About Fixpacks

Guest Aslain

Ok. I installed IDW, HoW and TotL, then the Fixpack v7. I started playing. Then v8 came out, installed v8 but continue to use the same save file from before. Finally v9 came and I kept using the same save game. My questions are:

.Do I need to start over in order to have the updated version of the fixpack working or even using an old save would work just fine? I'm asking since some of the changes do not seem to work (like the bag of holding and belt of arrow in Kuldahar (already talked to the "stores" before installing the component though)... and now the v10 came out. You just don't sleep, do you? :D

.Other thing I noticed is with the arrows' belt I bought to Emerich in Lonelywood. I put 10 Inferno Arrows, then 12 more, and instead of having a 22 pack of arrows, I had the 10 pack and the 12. I had to take them out to mix them and them put them back in. I'm guessing is a silly error, but just to be sure, did the belt of arrows came with HoW or did you guys make it? I think is amazing that this little things are only in IWD, since I haven't seen them in any other game.

.I noticed the Unfinished Business is out, is all the cut content from the Lower Dorn's Deep or is there some content cut in other of the areas coming in a future version? I'm actually thinking in starting all from scratch if there's a new UB with cut content from before this areas :) (I know about the add duel to Presio, though I don't know if it's worth it to restart because of one little thing since I'm only missing Lower Dorn's Deep because I decided to do HoW and TotL after Chapter 5... never played them before :) )

.Can we expect an update of the fixpack and/or UB soon? :)

.Do I need to start over in order to have the updated version of the fixpack working or even using an old save would work just fine? I'm asking since some of the changes do not seem to work (like the bag of holding and belt of arrow in Kuldahar (already talked to the "stores" before installing the component though)... and now the v10 came out. You just don't sleep, do you? :D

I don't think it will do any harm but, yeah, some fixes may not apply since the old files are still in your saved game. This release schedule will, uh, not be continued. :)

Other thing I noticed is with the arrows' belt I bought to Emerich in Lonelywood. I put 10 Inferno Arrows, then 12 more, and instead of having a 22 pack of arrows, I had the 10 pack and the 12. I had to take them out to mix them and them put them back in. I'm guessing is a silly error, but just to be sure, did the belt of arrows came with HoW or did you guys make it? I think is amazing that this little things are only in IWD, since I haven't seen them in any other game.

That's rather odd. The belts are set up just like other bags of holding, so I'm not sure why it would do this.

I noticed the Unfinished Business is out, is all the cut content from the Lower Dorn's Deep or is there some content cut in other of the areas coming in a future version? I'm actually thinking in starting all from scratch if there's a new UB with cut content from before this areas :) (I know about the add duel to Presio, though I don't know if it's worth it to restart because of one little thing since I'm only missing Lower Dorn's Deep because I decided to do HoW and TotL after Chapter 5... never played them before :) )

.Can we expect an update of the fixpack and/or UB soon? :D

It seems like they didn't get rushed until the end, so all of the restorations (save Presio) are in LDD.

Pushing out two Tweak updates, UB, and IU has made for a fairly intense three weeks of modding. Unless there's some bug in the mods that causes your computer to burst into flames, I think I'll leave them alone for a bit. I've got another project to go obsess about for the time being (or maybe I'll go play Tutu w/BG1 NPC again and see if I can turn the remainder of cmorgan's hair gray). :D

Thanks for the answer ^^

By the way, I just came across another issue (though I don't think is from the fixpack). I grabed like 10 Flaiming Oils in the Sea of Moving Ice, but there where like a 9 pack and one left alone. I couldn't get them to "merge". Eventually, I ended up with 3 packs of 3 and one of 1, and couldn't get them together :) Do you have any clue as to why that happened?

PS: This has nothing to do with IWD nor Infinity Engine, but didn't want to create another topic just for this question. I have played NWN and the expansions, and really, such a few amounts of spells makes me hate the game. I mean, clerics don't even have Magic Stone, there's no Ice Lance... plus the one that remained are changed (like Haste affecting only one person just to include Mass Haste). I'm not saying is a bad game but, is like if they Diablificated the D&D. Does anyone know of a patch or anything that actually brings to NWN some of the IWD/BG glory? :D (I know I probably shouldn't have asked that here, but I don't know where else to turn :D )

By the way, I just came across another issue (though I don't think is from the fixpack). I grabed like 10 Flaiming Oils in the Sea of Moving Ice, but there where like a 9 pack and one left alone. I couldn't get them to "merge". Eventually, I ended up with 3 packs of 3 and one of 1, and couldn't get them together :) Do you have any clue as to why that happened?

The max stack for flaming oils is 3. If they come in a larger stack than that (i.e. the game has a stack of 9 in a crate) then you can exceed the limit, but as soon as you start shuffling them around your pack it will enforce the stack limit.

Guest Aslain Melemir

Damn Flaiming Oils :thumbsup::D

By the way, did you guys did anything to the Artisan's District in Lower Dorn's Deep? I can't get the Pale Justice, the buildings in front of me just won't explode... and of course, no Umber Hulk ambush either ;)

Guest Guest

Ah, I didn't know that :thumbsup: So the Pale Justice is a reward for that quest now :help: Well, is hell of a reward for my Lvl 16 Paladin :D Thanks for the quick replay. I left in other thread (the one about Marketh) some issues I encontered, hope you can shed some light on those too ;)

Guest Aslain Melemir

Oops, that was me :love:

Ok, I have done everything in Lower Dorn's Deep, I even

[spoiler ALERT] took The Voice's Remains to the Kuldahar Temple... [spoiler END]

I still can't get the Pale Justice ;) The buildings won't explode, no Umber Hulk ambush (the other ambush went fine, but this one doesn't trigger), and so, no Justice... everything is so Pale now... :D Seriously, need help here :thumbsup:

By the way, AWESOME QUEST :help:

Guest Aslain Melemir

Well, I just cheated and telepor myself to the sword and back (even Dimension Door didn't worked there ;) ). I don't know why the ambush didn't trigger... anyway, I just found another problem :love: One of the armors I have (I can't remember the name...) is supposed to reduce my HP by 25. Well, it does so, everytime I load a game :D I rest, save the game, load the game, and suddenly I have like my HP reduced. I tried like 5 times so there's no doubt about it. Hope this will get fixed in a future (not immediate) version :help: Well, of to the final battle now!! :thumbsup:

The armor is, I believe, Glory of Suffering. Plate +5, but the price is the 25 hit point cost while wearing it. It's stated in the item description.

Is it stacking the 25hp each time you reload a game, or failure to regain them after removing it?

Guest Aslain Melemir

Yes, I think is that one also. I have a dwarf fighter with 162hp. When I put the armor on, it goes down to 140hp (not exactly 25 but who cares :D ). Now, I have my full health (or the maximum posible with this armor anyway). I save the game, everything is fine. I reload the game and my character has now only 90hp of the 140 he has ;) If I save again (without resting) and reload, it goes down to 40hp of the 140 total. If I rest and recover my health, then reload again, it continues to drop life to 90, then to 40... I didn't dared to do it one more time (maybe I'll start with a death fighter :thumbsup: ). I can upload the save file if you wish to check it.

Guest Aslain Melemir

Since I didn't get a response in the other thread where I posted this thought of placing it here too:

Just a couple of things that I think should be fixed in the UB:

1. Ginafae doen's give me ANY hint about the ring

She just says about stealing it and that he would realize about it. Reading this post I thought about Norl (since he said he makes jewlery) and went to talk and gave him the sketch of Marketh so he can make the ring. I left since it would take a while... Ginafae's line doesn't change anymore now. She just keep saying "Did you thought something about the ring?" Which I think is great, if I could tell her I thought about replacing it. I believe that by the time I HAVE the copy she will say something else though... and the worst is that the answers possible to that question are "Take care, Farewell" and "Yeah, whatever... Farewell" (Not exactly those lines but the're pretty much like these) I did promise her I wouldn't hurt Marketh in case that has anything to do with this... Well, her line did change after getting the ring and except for the "almost no hint" problem everything seems fine.

Well anyway I left the place and decided to do a little "check on the area" looking for Marketh so that I know where he is for the next time... I found myself been attacked by thief in the northern zone of the main area of Dorn's Deep. According to the fixes, there were a couple of thief appearing over each other preventing them from moving. I found nearly everyone of those thief on top of another one. I couldn't even click on them, and had to use area spells to kill them... the worst is that when one of them died, the other was free to attack, but I couldn't attack him UNLESS I had within my range the body of the other thief. I even thought about been the same thief but duplicated in a script error. The first one of the "unleashed" thief that I killed, ended up with me attacking another thief, then, my character attacked the one I clicked. I don't now if this is a UB or Fixpack problem really, but I think it really needs to be fix.

Marketh's sketch is also used (at least that's what I read) if you have a bard in your party and talk to the guy who drew it (one of his bodyguards) so he just quits and goes for a life as an artist. I'm mencioning it because, well, my sketch dissappear. And unless Norl actually gives it back, players who didn't use the sketch yet could lose some extra xp (though in order to reach Marketh you probably already talked to Flezum...).

Archived