Weird Imoen Conversation Bug

Guest Fleury

Guest Sworca
What did Imoen say? (It' helps me to detect the problem.)

It was "So you and my brother are together" (or something alike) It could not trigger before the 'apologise' option was clicked, and caused bugg. Maybe its "M#Ambermad=" value which causes Imoens banter to bugg. Imoen was obviously reading the script and jumped to subject X before it was avaliable. She would be a horrible bardess.

I am aware that all (most) romances are paused in underdark, but Amber did not trigger any talks witn CHAR nor NPCs (except for Phaere, and when i rested. If there is any other Amber interaction in underdark, it did not work. She always was in range cause of pickpocketing.)

Time for me to make an account on this lovely forum :)

Guest Blaylock

i'm also having the same problems as the original poster... I noticed he posted a year ago and i've been reading this thread and it says its been fixed...

However i'm using version 2.5 and imoen is still repeating the same problem that the first poster has stated.

she still stalks amber

she does nothing else but stalks amber

she doesn't listen to commands

i can't save if she is nearby....

I can open chests and loot but it closes in less than a second preventing me from looting...

The bug you stated occurred where amber talks to the main protagonist before imoen and causes this problem.

I've read this thread over and over but i still do not understand how to fix the problem. Thanks in advance for any help you could give :)

Guest Blaylock

i'm also having the same problems as the original poster... I noticed he posted a year ago and i've been reading this thread and it says its been fixed...

However i'm using version 2.5 and imoen is still repeating the same problem that the first poster has stated.

she still stalks amber

she does nothing else but stalks amber

she doesn't listen to commands

i can't save if she is nearby....

I can open chests and loot but it closes in less than a second preventing me from looting...

The bug you stated occurred where amber talks to the main protagonist before imoen and causes this problem.

I've read this thread over and over but i still do not understand how to fix the problem. Thanks in advance for any help you could give :)

Okay guys, time for answers. And thanks for the help!

If Imoen tries to initiate a banter with Amber that begins "So, you're now together with my brother, eh?", while Amber is mad with the Protagonist, it will cause the bug described by Sworca. It's not the same bug that the bug described by the first poster in this thread. This is important because it means you can't try to fix it the same way! This bug affects only the romance with the protagonist, not the friendship or Player2 romance. As I mentioned it also requires that the circumstances are unfortunate enough to the two things (Imoen initiating the specified banter and Amber being mad with the PC) happening at the same time.

I plan to release a new version of the mod within few weeks, meanwhile you can fix or avoid this by:

SetGlobal("M#AmberImoenBanter","GLOBAL",2)

But she's not mad at me, and that fix doesn't work for me. :party:

You were in the Underdark, right?

You are not in Adalon's cave? (I shouldn't matter, though.)

You don't have a mod that allows banters (that normally wouldn't) to trigger in the Underdark?

Your in game chapter's aren't messed up? In other words, you are in chapter 5?

Can you get me a variable: "M#AmberImoenBanterUD","Locals"? If you need help in checking (locals) varibles, please let me know. I'm fairly positive that this is not the one causing trouble, but you never know.

You were in the Underdark, right?

Yes.

You are not in Adalon's cave? (I shouldn't matter, though.)

Nope.

You don't have a mod that allows banters (that normally wouldn't) to trigger in the Underdark?

I don't think so.

Your in game chapter's aren't messed up? In other words, you are in chapter 5?

Yes, the chapter changed to 5 when I got to the Underdark.

Can you get me a variable: "M#AmberImoenBanterUD","Locals"? If you need help in checking (locals) varibles, please let me know. I'm fairly positive that this is not the one causing trouble, but you never know.

It's 1.

It's 1.

Then maybe one of these conditions is not met:

InParty("Imoen2")
See("Imoen2")
!StateCheck("Imoen2",STATE_SLEEPING)
!StateCheck("Imoen2",STATE_HELPLESS)
!StateCheck("Imoen2",STATE_STUNNED)
!StateCheck("Imoen2",STATE_SILENCED)

! stands for 'not', ie 'Imoen is not sleeping'.

Guest Fizban
I plan to release a new version of the mod within few weeks, meanwhile you can fix or avoid this by:

SetGlobal("M#AmberImoenBanter","GLOBAL",2)

Uhh just because I'm really new when it comes to modding-- When you say "we can fix this by (insert setglobal)" Does that mean we copy and paste that command into the console...? Like CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("M#AmberImoenBanter","GLOBAL",2) ? or do we put that command into some other file...? Or since i'm a newb i'm better off waiting for you to update the new version..?

Uhh just because I'm really new when it comes to modding-- When you say "we can fix this by (insert setglobal)" Does that mean we copy and paste that command into the console...? Like CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("M#AmberImoenBanter","GLOBAL",2) ? or do we put that command into some other file...? Or since i'm a newb i'm better off waiting for you to update the new version..?

Let's first make sure that you need to do anything, right? What kind of problem are you experiencing in your game? Please be as specific as you can in describing it.

Archived