PST still crashing?

Guest Whatnot

Guest Whatnot

I have widescreen 0.8 installed; resolution set to 1440 x 900.

Nvidia video card - set with the known settings to avoid problems.

I haven't had a problem in the game until now: when entering the Curiosity Shoppe in Clerk's Ward, the game crashes.

Should I upgrade the mod to v1? From the readme, it doesn't seem to have anything changed on that side.

I wonder if you were able to replicate the error... in the meanwhile, I tried to uninstall the widescreen mod, and walked into the CS at the default resolution: everything went fine.

Saved while in the CS, re-installed the mod, loaded the savefile: crash

So now I'm quite certain that the problem is in the widescreen mod... or in its interaction with my card

That is a guaranteed crash. Resolution-dependent information is stored in save files.

Since I'm at 1680x1050 I can't even load your save game, I'm going to try it at 1440.

That is a guaranteed crash. Resolution-dependent information is stored in save files.

My experience is different, actually. I'll add more details.

Uninstalled the mod (and I mean unistall like press U at the selection), loaded the savefile 1440x900 while at original resolution, no prob and could walk into the CS: no crash.

Saved while in the CS; also exited the shop and saved while in Clerk's Ward (still playing with mod uninstalled and original resolution).

Re-installed the widescreen mod 0.8, and set to 1440 x 900.

Tried loading the savegame in CS: immediate crash.

Tried loading the savegame taken outside, _after_ exiting the shoppe, when in Clerk's Ward: loaded with no errors, and could continue the game.

If you ever visit the CS at 640, 640-dependent information (the explored part of the map) is stored in the save file. Hence, next time you try to enter the CS it'll load the 640-dependent info and crash.

The Clerk's Ward doesn't crash because it's larger than the screen and thus saves the explored map at its resolution and not at the enlarged 1440 area.

Anyway, I still can't load your save file, even after forcing 1440x900. Are you using any other mods by chance?

my total idiocy, not having mentioned the installed thingies! Sorry, the bigg...

I have:

- PST 2cd version, so already patched 1.1

- Platter's Torment Fix Pack 1.37 + the little successive beta

- Cilantro's Restoration Pack

- G3 Tweaks: only Stackable Items, and Identify All Items

- Platter's Candlestick Quest Fix

Right, I'm going to assume that one of the PCs is wearing an item and/or a spell from there, thus breaking the save when it can't load the item (whereas more advanced engines like BG2's will simply ignore the 'broken' slot).

I never install non-WeiDU things, so you're out of luck, sorry about that.

ah well, ty anyway :)

I was able to get past the shoppe, using the method I described above, so it's fine anyway.... I just hope I don't find another troublesome area in the future.

I still wonder if the problem comes from the video card, or not. I should try a clean installation.

E comunque, saluti da Torino :)

Guest gmk

Hi, new guy here.

I was wondering if the problem has been solved by any way (I mean Curiosity Shoppe and Apothecary crash).

I use 4CD game, Widescreen Mod 2.1 @ 1280x1024, UI mod and Platter's 1.37 fixpack. I started a new game after modding.

Would modding back to 640x480, loading, entering the Curiosity Shoppe, exiting it, saving and re-modding back to 1280x1024 do the trick? Or maybe there is a more elegant solution/workaround?

Archived