Creating a pack o' weapons and armor for BGII

ericp07

Hello,

The discussion about whether and where the cutoff should be on the weapons and armor I'm creating for the Elven Gear item pack has me wondering if the install option of how high a maximum bonus (+1 to +5) the user wants to install is possible. That way, I can continue on as I have been, creating a +0 through +5 version of each armor and weapon in the pack, and let the user decide what all to install.

So far, the +0 versions appear to work in-game. I have to examine some +1 and better items already in the game to learn how to apply the enchantment, so that a +1 sword, for example, will indeed get the +1 to hit and to damage. This is my first attempt at creating such items, so I took a shot in the dark using NearInfinity, adding an item ability of Magical, and applying the bonus where I thought it should go. I know, this is not the recommended procedure, but I wanted to test my intuition. Just glad I didn't carry on doing the same to all the items, so I'll have less correcting to do *L*

Any thoughts, advice, etc. is welcome as always, and I'll be doing my research in the mean time, so I can complete this pack and see if anyone would like to test it (after I've tested the gear myself). Ultimately, of course, I'd like to make it available for general distribution.

Thanks,

Eric

The discussion about whether and where the cutoff should be on the weapons and armor I'm creating for the Elven Gear item pack has me wondering if the install option of how high a maximum bonus (+1 to +5) the user wants to install is possible. That way, I can continue on as I have been, creating a +0 through +5 version of each armor and weapon in the pack, and let the user decide what all to install.

After you've created your items you can use weidu to give the players choices in what they install. You can use weidu's subcomponents feature to ask the player what version of a given item or a group of items they want to install. You can also use the readln feature to get even more specific, but I'll let you discover my tutorial in the weidu readme

After you've created your items you can use weidu to give the players choices in what they install. You can use weidu's subcomponents feature to ask the player what version of a given item or a group of items they want to install. You can also use the readln feature to get even more specific, but I'll let you discover my tutorial in the weidu readme

That's exactly what I was hoping for, and the WeiDU documentation makes it look "so easy, even Eric P. can do it" :)

Thanks!

Eric

That's exactly what I was hoping for, and the WeiDU documentation makes it look "so easy, even Eric P. can do it" :D

Thanks!

Eric

Glad to be of service. :)

Don't hesitate to ask if you need any further help....

Archived