Area Spawns

erebusant

Is there some way, other than by area script (the way BGTTweaks does with the Tutu Style levelled spawns) to get the area spawns to actually work? In Secret of Bonehill, pretty much all the outdoor areas you go to have all the spawn locations set somehow so only 1 creature will spawn at any given time. I can open up that particular area file before travelling to the area and make certain that the #creatures matches the possible number of creatures types that could be spawned, and on the line for max creatures spawned, I can set it to 6, or 4 or whatever # I choose, then save the area file, but when I travel to the area for the 1st time, the spawn at that particular location remains at only 1. Any thoughts besides the one that goes "boy, you're really screwing this one up!"? :)

Spawn points aren't very well understood and don't work the same across the different engine variants.

Don't use them. It's entirely possible you won't be able to get them to do what you want. Note that you can use a script with a trigger point to fake random spawns; look at the areas referencing the SPWN* scripts (in NI, open one of these scripts and select Find -> references to this file and click the ARE checkbox to search for areas using the script).

You might also check macready's EasyTutu Spawn randomizer and his internal "spawn fixes" for a working version, just for comparison. It may very well be doing exactly what devSin is aying, in which case you have an example.

Archived