Bigger Resoloution...Bigger Font?

corvias

This mod is wonderful! I never thought this ws possible! It's so nice seeing BGII in Hi-res glory in the proper aspect ratio . . . Except for one problem.

The in-game fonts are too tiny to read now (given: I don't have the best eyes). Does anyone know of a way to increase the font size in BGII, or if there are modded fonts out there which are bigger? I am currently using the one from TS, and while it is much easier to read, its still too small at my panel's native res. (1680x1050)

As a last, how difficult would it be to create a large print font for BG? If someone would point me in the right direction, I'd even do it myself. It would make a good companion for this mod.

There should be a BAM or two containing the font 'drawing'. If TS has different fonts, try asking its author how he created those, he might know more than me (or he might act like a douchebag and hurl insults at you for using my mods).

There should be a BAM or two containing the font 'drawing'. If TS has different fonts, try asking its author how he created those, he might know more than me (or he might act like a douchebag and hurl insults at you for using my mods).

Woah. Sounds like some deep seeded animosity, there! I think I can handle a few insults, though. I found BAM's that contain the in-game font -- NORMAL.BAM and STONESML.BAM. Now I guess just have to figure out how to export all 255 characters, edit them and put them back together.

Guest bigg_uni

Yeah, I and Vlad have a very low opinion of each other (to say this without using strong language). If you want to dig into this flame, I can post a link or two.

There's some way to export to and from BAM files, but I don't know offhand.

Someone not getting on with the_bigg? Wow - what a shock!

To import/export from BAM files, you can use BAM Workshop 1, BAM Workshop 2 or DLTCEP. The first two are available at TBG, while the last is available right here on G3. There are probably a few other ways of doing it as well.

I figured out how to make fonts for bg2. It sucked, but I did it. I'll probably put together a tutorial at some point. Is *anybody* improving BAM workshop? Cause it could seriously use some batch import/export functionality. After this experience, I would KILL for a photoshop plugin for BAM files. Or a stable, up-to-date BWS.

Anyway, I've uploaded a new Normal.bam to SHS for high resolution screens It's quite large and easy to read for folks with bad sight (like me). It's big enough that is overlaps some parts of the interface, but it looks great in the dialog window on the main game screen. Just place it in your override folder.

Keep in mind that I mostly did this for my own usage, so I only did the English characters and punctuation. The other lingual characters have frames and sequences in the bam, but they will need to be aligned in order to display correctly. (hint: its really really tedious)

The font itself was created from the open source DejaVu Serif TrueType font, so there should be no legal issues in distributing it. In fact, I give the bigg permission to include this with the widescreen mod if he so desires.

fontmod (SHS forums)

Archived