Natural Selection/Twist Pack/Morrow Gate

Did you try salvaging the save(s) with Ascension64's Beregost Crash Fixer?

Damn it all to hell. No, I didn't try Ascension64's fix because I didn't know that it existed (although the bug itself is mentioned in the Tutu readme, I don't recall the fix being mentioned) and I've already uninstalled Tutu and deleted its folder.

If Ascension64's Beregost Crash Fixer can repair the savegame, does that mean that we know what causes the crash now? The Tutu readme referenced the cause as unknown.

The Tutu readme needs to reference the fix. I don't know if there's some inter-community bullshit rivalry preventing this from happening or what, but players deserve to know about the fix.

Anyway, thank you for the advice and the link.

aWL

Good to hear it works in Tutu. And it does indeed save me some time... I'm busy trying to boot a Tutu mod and a BG2 mod out the door :p.

If Ascension64's Beregost Crash Fixer can repair the savegame, does that mean that we know what causes the crash now? The Tutu readme referenced the cause as unknown.
The bug happens in unmodded BG1, BGT and Tutu - it's not specific to the latter. Though sometimes you can play a whole game on any of those platforms and never notice it, if you're lucky. Ascension64 and I did some extensive testing, which is buried in a post in the PPG Tutu bug forum somewhere. We determined that if you remove all actors, the bug goes away, but we can't pin it to any specific actor. It's most likely funk in the area file, which would have to be rebuilt from scratch, or perhaps bugginess in the engine itself.
The Tutu readme needs to reference the fix. I don't know if there's some inter-community bullshit rivalry preventing this from happening or what, but players deserve to know about the fix.
Feel free to suggest that to Macready. Most of my suggestions have been met with varying degrees of disdain, so I stopped making them, or even following PPG much. I see the Crash Fixer is a pinned topic in the Tutu bug forum, so maybe that's the best we can hope for.

Archived