Temple - no quest?

Guest jpcsparkles

Guest jpcsparkles

I'm running Gavin in easyTutu and everything has been ticking along nicely until the messenger from the temple shows up.

We agree to go right away and take off to the temple outside the town. But when we get there, the priest won't say anything to / about Gavin - just the usual speel.

Any suggestions???

j

What version have you got? There was a bug with versions 1-1.3 that prevented the player from getting the quest if Mutamin and Bassilus were killed prior to recruiting him, but that was fixed for version 2.

Your weidu.log would probably also help. There might be conflict from another mod.

Guest jpcsparkles

I have v2 - probably is an issue w other mods since I have tried to use a fair few at once. I flicked through the readmes and didn't see any probs. I have pasted the details below.

Any suggestions as too which it may be??? Thanks.

j

~SETUP-EASYTUTUHOTFIXES.TP2~ #0 #0 // EasyTutu Hotfixes: 05 February 2007 Release

~EASYTUTUDEGREENIFIER.TP2~ #0 #0 // EasyTutu Degreenifier

~SETUP-EASYTUTUNPCKITS.TP2~ #0 #29 // Assign a kit to Kivan? -> Kivan: Archer

~SETUP-EASYTUTUNPCKITS.TP2~ #0 #33 // Assign a kit to Minsc? -> Minsc: Beastmaster

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #2 // Restored BG1 Loadscreens

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #3 // BG2 Ammo Stacks

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #4 // Totemic Druid Spirit Summons are Balanced

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #5 // BG1 Summoning Spells

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #7 // Walking Speeds

~SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2~ #0 #8 // Hooded unarmoured avatars and hooded bards

~SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Changes to trueclass bards and thieves, and unmodded game kits (required for other components)

~SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Add new bardic store and thief items

~SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #2 // Install Acrobat bard kit

~SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install Chorister bard kit

~SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Install Dirgesinger bard kit

~SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Install Gypsy bard kit

~SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Install Adventurer thief kit

~SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #7 // Install Burglar thief kit

~SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #8 // Install Soulknife thief kit

~SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Install Sharpshooter thief kit

~SETUP-SONG_AND_SILENCE.TP2~ #0 #10 // Install Shadowdancer thief kit

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #1 // Thief kit revisions

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #2 // Bard kit revisions

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #5 // Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards

~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #6 // Revised Thievery

~SETUP-LOSTITEMS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Lost Items

~SETUP-LOSTITEMS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Xan has Sorcerer class

~SETUP-LOSTITEMS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Monk +3 AC and +1 THAC0 Bonus

~SETUP-LOSTITEMS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Happy patch: NPCs do not leave due to reputation

~SETUP-LOSTITEMS.TP2~ #0 #4 // Viconia has 18 WIS

~SETUP-LOSTITEMS.TP2~ #0 #8 // Baldur's Gate 2 portrait for Viconia

~JASTEYSBG1QUESTS/SETUP-JASTEYSBG1QUESTS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Baldur's Gate Mini-Quests and Encounters Mod by jastey (v. Beta 1.1)

~SETUP-TGC1E.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Grey Clan Episode One: In Candlelight, BG1TUTU edition v1.10 -> Normal edition

~SETUP-SIRINESCALL.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Lure of the Sirine's Call

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ice Island Level Two Restoration

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Mysterious Vial

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Additional Elminster Encounter

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Safana the Flirt

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Appropriate Albert and Rufie Reward

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Place Entar Silvershield in His Home

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Quoningar, the Cleric

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #13 // Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #14 // Edie, the Merchant League Applicant

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #15 // Flaming Fist Mercenary Reinforcements

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Creature Corrections

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Creature Restorations

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Creature Name Restorations

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Audio Restorations

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Store, Tavern and Inn Fixes and Restorations

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Item Corrections and Restorations

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // Area Corrections and Restorations

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Permanent Corpses

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #25 // Elven Charm and Sleep Racial Resistance

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #26 // The Original Saga Music Playlist Corrections

~BG1UB/SETUP-BG1UB.TP2~ #0 #27 // Sarevok's Diary Corrections

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications for Version 14, September 18, 2007

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues

~XANBG1FRIEND/SETUP-XANBG1FRIEND.TP2~ #0 #0 // Xan's friendship path for BG1, v4

~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Gavin NPC for Tutu and BGT, v 2 - 17Nov2007

~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #1 // Gavin: Romance (mature content)

~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #2 // Gavin: Flirts (adult content)

~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #3 // Gavin: Check for Tutu-Fix Walking Speeds

~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gavin: Alternate Portraits -> Alternate Portrait 1 by berelinde (default)

~GAVIN/GAVIN.TP2~ #0 #7 // Gavin: Player Initiated Dialogue

~IIITEMMOD/SETUP-IIITEMMOD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Items [version 5]

~IIPROJECTILER/SETUP-IIPROJECTILER.TP2~ #0 #2001 // Projectile Retrieval Mod -> Easy TUTU

Why don't you send me your saved game, anyway? It's hard to tell from your report whether it's the messenger about Bassilus, the messenger about Mutamin, or the messenger about another quest.

It occurs to me that BG1 NPC might be interfering here, if you've got Kivan in the party and this is the first time you've spoken to Kelddath Ormlyr.

Since I've been immersed in the BG1 NPC interjection recode, I have rethought the entire idea of Kelddath Ormlyr as a quest giver at all. Everybody and his sister has an interjection into Kelddath's dialogue, and with one of the trans actions as StartStore(), it can never be more than one interjecting speaker per state. Next version, I'm going to have a fail-safe in place. I'll put another cleric of Lathander in the temple, and just take Ormlyr out of the equation. It would have been nice to have the leader of the Song of the Morning know who Gavin is, but it's not worth breaking a quest over.

Guest jpcsparkles

Sorry, it's the messanger from the temple for Gavin once he's been in the party for a while. Not sure what the quest is about since I can't talk to the guy about it....

I'll email the files through in a sec ....

Hmmm.

Did Kelddath Ormlyr say:

@72 = ~Gavin, it is good to see that the messenger was able to find you. I had heard that you had taken up with a party of adventurers and hoped you might be able to assist the temple in the matter of Bassilus. If your party requires nothing, then let us speak of it.~

Near Infinity shows that the interjection happened, but you might have mistaken the interjection for his normal dialogue.

In any case, you have successfully received the quest, and now all you have to do is go off and kill Bassilus. There is no time limit for this quest, or for any of the others, once you have accepted them. Gavin's in a hurry to go to the temple when he gets the messenger, but once he finds out what Kelddath wants, the PC can take as long as desired to complete the quest.

The next quest should start five days after you have collected your reward for this one.

The first two "quests" are a bit underwhelming, I admit. They're available whether you play the game or not. I thought it might be nice, though, for Gavin to be at least marginally involved in things that affect the temple, though. Kelddath's got a bounty out for Bassilus, after all, and Mutamin's a neighbor.

My Bad!!! I was expecting a new quest and thought it was not related - sorry for the utterly pointless question....

By the way though, I am really enjoying the Gavin mod and the NPC mod too - great characterization!!!

j

My pleasure! I'm glad you're enjoying the mod!

I really only had one original quest planned for BG1, but I wanted to make sure that the interests of Lathander were served, so I included the two BioWare ones for the heck of it. They aren't exciting, but Lathandrites are community minded, so I figured it would be all right.

If anything, your report has alerted me to the necessity of getting away from Kelddath Ormlyr as the quest giver. Every NPC and his brother interjects into his dialogue, and the chances of quest dialogue being lost are too high to continue to risk it. I'll create another Dawnbringer in the temple, or probably in the Vestibule instead, since I like the way it looks with just Ormlyr and the four sirenes in the Temple itself, and have Gavin's quest dialogue go through her. Far better to have Ormlyr just say "Hello, Gavin, good to see you again. Please see Dawnbringer Sol in the Vestibule for further instruction."

The next version will feature an expanded friendship path, for those that decline the romance, so I hope you'll try the mod again once the new version is out.

Hi!

Perhaps something similar: I did the first quest killing Bassilius. Then I waited for the next messenger to appear, but alas he never did show up. I never experienced this before, and now Mutamin has finally met his end. Will the quests now go on as usual or what can I expect to be missin'?

They should. Just to let you know, though, there's a five day timer before the next messenger, though.

If you could post Any variables that relate to B!GavinBodyThief, that would let me do some more effective troubleshooting.

In SK I find no B!GavinBodyThief, but the B!GavinBassilustimer and timer1 is both around a million. B!GavinMessenger1 & Messenger2 are 3 & 1. B!GavinMutaminQuest is 2 and the questtimer for that is more than 4 millions.

I've visited that priest-what's-his-name-now-? a lot of times, and he has nothing to say to Gavin. I hope that helps... or helps me??

Regards

If messenger 2 is at 3, you must have talked to the messenger, and since it's at 2, Mutamin is dead.

Can you post your weidu.log and send your debug and saved game to the address at the top of the debug file. I'm guessing something is interfering with Ormlyr's dialogue. I ran the quest in testing version 3 and it worked perfectly, but that was on a pretty bare installation, so it's definitely possible another mod is hijacking his dialogue. Most of the tutu mods do, and not everyone bothers with COPY_TRANS. :)

You have definitely convinced me of the necessity of creating another quest giver besides Ormlyr. With every mod under the sun interjecting into his dialogue, it's just too risky.

Sorry this is so frustrating for you. Once I've got the saved game, I can give you variables to get past it.

For now, why don't you try pausing the game, opening up the console and typing this in exactly as it appears, then unpausing the game and talking to Kelddath Ormlyr again.

SetGlobal("B!GavinMutaminQuest","GLOBAL",4)

Archived