Flirt suggestions

JPS

That actually makes me think of another point... With some of the PC-init flirts i've seen the PC can be punished (rejected, slapped, etc) when making unwelcome advances on an NPC, but when the NPC initiates flirts, the PC sometimes just has to sit there and take it. Not only do they have to take it, they have to enjoy it :suspect:, as dictated by the text of the flirt anyway. It would be fun if the PC had the opportunity to say something like "I don't appreciate you grabbing my bum in public" or "I'm not in the mood right now" or some such. :) That makes more work though.

That's a good idea, and I don't think it would be too much work to implement it. A "flirt" is after all just like any other dialogue in the game, and it kind of makes sense to let the PC get the last word from time to time.

There should probably be a difference between flirts that advance the romance in some way and flirts that just work as public displays as affection, and it would probably be a good idea to let the player have more to say abou the ones that actually affect the romance. The flirts that are just there to pass the time until the next lovetalk could perhaps be shorter and require/allow less input from the player. I'm trying to come up with a working final draft of the flirts at the moment, so I'll keep these things in mind.

I like the idea of a "cooler" option in the flirts. That way you could tell him to slow down a bit, hopefully without him getting butt hurt about it.

The first time I played through the Anomen romance, he propositioned me in the graveyard. I could have used a not-now-try-me-later option there, but as it was, he and my character had to make due with the headstones, weeping relatives, ghosts, and vampires. Terribly romantic, isn't it?

A major big issue I've had with all the other romances:

Salvanas.

Noone ever seems to mind him slobbering all over the PC, even if Kelsey/Anomen are standing right next to him.

And I don't know, in a way, I would see Haer'Dalis of being the very observant type... I guess I'd really like some sort of a reaction. Maybe amusement, maybe something darker.

Surprise us... ;)

Well, I'm undecided at the moment. On the one hand, the PC hadles the situation just fine on her own. And Haer'Dalis doesn't seem like the kind of person who would feel the need to "protect" her from all other men, so if there was to be an interaction, it would most likely mean making fun of Salvanas. Which is basically what's already happening, and I'm a bit reluctant to move the punchline from the PC to an NPC, so to speak.

On the other hand, I do have an idea or two about the situation...

I can see RedTempest having a point, though. If Salvanas wasn't such a weenie, a little face-rubbing could certainly aid the development of some chaos. <-- I apologize for my horrible mistreatment of the english language there... ;)

What? We're supposed to finish it? Why does nobody ever tell me these things?

;)

(or, more seriously; I'm hoping to finish all of the writing before the end of August. I can't be any more specific than that – as the people who have access to the workroom forum could tell you, I'm not very communicative when I'm writing)

Oh I cant wait till this is finished!.. I love HD so much.. hehe hes such a cutie (depite his eyebrows that look like fuzzy gray caterpillars) And I myself would not mind something a bit more R rated, it would make things interesting. with a happy sweet ending. *sits back and snuggles her HD plushie* :)

Archived