Flirt suggestions

JPS

Heh, sorry for the interruption, but I must confess I'm also a fan for HD... and poetry definitely sounds like him. Perhaps in archaic as well?

"Warm skin, soft hair, of the raven that flies,

Blinding the sight from this sparrow's wide eyes,

Thine beauty surpasses all gems of this plane,

Every second without you is a second of pain

Each note from my harp is a song just for you,

My raven, my love, my one love so true,

Forever ensconced in the depth of my heart,

So nothing can ever drive us too far apart..."

I don't know... I just can picture Haer'Dalis singing something like that. So... over-the-top if you will, declaring his 'true love'... and then flirting with the next woman he sees... :D

It's very nice. :D

There will be poetry in the mod, but I haven't gotten around to writing much of it yet (I've got a bunch of lovetalks that are finished except for the line that says "insert poem here"...).

I'm not a great fan of rhyming couplets, but the poems that are already in the game are like that, so I'll probably have to get used to writing them.

(Either that, or I could change all of his in-game poems to blank verse... Hmm... people have said what they think about changing his voicing and his portrait, but nobody has said what they think about changing his meter... :D )

About poetry....I always imagined countering Haer'Dalis' "love doesn't last forever because of entropy and chaos'n stuff" with some cool poem. I dunno if any such remark would be made by him in the mod, butif it does, I always loved this one:

Let me not to the marriage of true minds

Admit impediments. Love is not love

Which alters when it alteration finds,

Or bends with the remover to remove:

O, no! it is an ever-fixed mark,

That looks on tempests and is never shaken;

It is the star to every wandering bark,

Whose worth's unknown, although his height

be taken.

Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks

cheeks

Within his bending sickle's compass come;

Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,

But bears it out even to the edge f doom.

If this be error, and upon me prov'd,

I never writ, nor no man ever lov'd.

Which is Shaekspeare, sonnet I-don't-know-which-number. :D

Keep up the good work! Looking forward to this mod like a child for Christmas! :cry:

(Either that, or I could change all of his in-game poems to blank verse... Hmm... people have said what they think about changing his voicing and his portrait, but nobody has said what they think about changing his meter...  :D )

For my part that is because I'm not so well versed in the art of poetry. :cry: Personally I don't think that Haer's ingame poetry is not *that* great - his banters are much better, but perhaps it would have been too much to ask someone to be rpg designer / writer AND a good poet.

About poetry....I always imagined countering Haer'Dalis' "love doesn't last forever because of entropy and chaos'n stuff" with some cool poem.

Well, if the main character is a bard, some poetry from both sides would probably be a good idea. Consider it included on my (mental) list of things to do after I'm finished with the stuff I'm going to do after I've finished what I'm working on now. :cry:

Regardless of how that works out, though, there will be lots of opportunities to discuss love, entropy, chaos and how they affect each other...

For my part that is because I'm not so well versed in the art of poetry. :D Personally I don't think that Haer's ingame poetry is not *that* great - his banters are much better, but perhaps it would have been too much to ask someone to be rpg designer / writer AND a good poet.

Or perhaps they did it deliberately to show that Haer'Dalis isn't as great a poet as he thinks he is...

But you're probably right; if you write poetry for a computer game, you're probably aiming for "good enough" rather than "masterpeice".

I should probably include a poem or two in the slightly delayed preview thread, now that I think about it. :D

Consider it included on my (mental) list of things to do after I'm finished with the stuff I'm going to do after I've finished what I'm working on now.

Sounds like a lot of work :cry: you have my suport!!!

I really apreciate that we can discuss love and entropy with HD, i dont remember that any of the NPC would say something about the things that are happening around them, of course the specific talks are exclude, or how they feel about it.

Guest Kurenai

ohh gosh, im really looking forward to it !!! :cry:

With the flirts, i wonder, is possible to take a bath with Haer in the wild? i mean Umar Hills or something like that ?? i dont like too much the idea of bathing in the

Crooked Crane :D

Guest Guest-ish
ohh gosh, im really looking forward to it !!!  :D 

With the flirts, i wonder, is possible to take a bath with Haer in the wild? i mean Umar Hills or something like that ?? i dont like too much the idea of bathing in the

Crooked Crane  :D

Now *that* would be an interesting scenario, to say the least. :D:cry:

ohh gosh, im really looking forward to it !!!  :cry: 

Crooked Crane  :D

But in Crooked Crane you could take a roll in the haystack. :D

Archived