Flirt suggestions

JPS

Front-line fighter? In mine - too (as well as the group leader), but with AC -6, Stone Skin, Mirror Image and the Cloak of Deflection. Scars? Did he ever say he like them at all? Mayhap just got used to them. (I recall without BanterPack he HIMSELF never talked about his scars...)

I just read the whole topic, and felt more and more reassured with every page. It is definitely something to look forward to. :p All the luck in the world to you and your project, JPS!

If I may, a small suggestion: if PC could ask Haer'Dalis not to talk about his past loves (Raelis, Aerie, et cetera) with her, either in flirts or as an option in the regular lovetalks, it would be great. Many romances I have seen make an NPC have a harem, and worse, tell the PC about it. (And in some cases, even break up with her if she does not listen!) If it could be avoided with Haer'Dalis, I would very much appreciate it.

Guest Noctalys

Umm....I kinda feel a bit like an intruder here, so if anyone feels I am spamming or whatnot just tell me and i'll pike off. Anyway, I was wondering....This is just an idea and i'm not expecting anything to be implemented or done about it but...when I play BG myself, I always considered my character to be quite bookish and intelligent (being raised in Candlekeep and all), and while the adventuring profession has certainly increased her wisdom about people to a degree, I thought that perhaps while she may be quite capable of intellectual debates, battle strategy, and various practical things that can be learned from books, she might be awkward when it came to romantic behavior because hey, books don't explain everything. (I'm pretty sure that was a run on sentence.) I was just wondering if you had any flirt responses or dialogue options that would sort of reflect that. I'm probrably the only person that rp's the character like that, so i'm pretty sure this flavor won't be added....I was just curious.

Oh, and could you maybe have a flirt where you sneak up on HD and attack him with tickles? Just a sweet, light hearted moment...Be funny to see how HD would react. Or a flirt in which you have a bag of something delicious and HD tries to finagle some out of you.... Not terribly original, I know, I'm a bit new to this stuff.

All flirt suggestions are welcome. Since they're supposed to be selected bu the player, I don't think they have to feel like they're suitable for all characters in all situations – you simply choose the ones that you feel that your character would do in the specific situation you're in.

(well, I haven't actually counted all the flirt suggestions yet. If there turns out to be several hundred of them it will be rather impractical to include them all in the same list, but I'm not going to exclude anything just because it might not fit in with everything else).

As for the "voice" of the main character in the lovetalks, I have given it some thought, but I think that that's better suited for another discussion. I'll probably start a new thread for it in a couple of hours when I have time.

As for the "voice" of the main character in the lovetalks, I have given it some thought, but I think that that's better suited for another discussion. I'll probably start a new thread for it in a couple of hours when I have time.

Don't know whether I am revealing a trade secret here, but I normally write replies on the spot, using "What is there to say? Have I covered all?" rule, and then, after the texts are written, I use character templates ("everyday girl", "giggly", "shy", "feminist", "seeking protection", "only thinks about sex") and check what they would say. Normally, there's a reply for each and any of them in the dialogue already, but sometimes I add/change one or two.

@Kania Blade: Whoops! sorry about that. :) I seem to have inadvertantly insulted somebody else's character type! So sorry!

@JPS: Thank you. Now I don't feel like i'm the new, smelly kid at school, trying desperately to get into the Circle O' People*tm and making an ass of myself in the process. Thanks for at least taking me seriously.

Hmmm....there could perhaps be a flirt in which you tap the back of the leg HD is putting his weight on while he's standing in order to make him stumble or whatnot. And then laugh him. With impunity.

Hmmm....there could perhaps be a flirt in which you tap the back of the leg HD is putting his weight on while he's standing in order to make him stumble or whatnot.  And then laugh him.  With impunity.

Disgusting!

As well as that "bag with sweeties"... Daddy-Bhaal, make Master JPS not read THIS... :)

PS You can't insult Kania in any way, but making a fool from Lovely One is the most terrible crime. ;)

Guest Noctalys

Making a fool of him was not my intention... It was intended to be more of an "oops, I seem to have *accidentally* bumped into you in order to provoke a reaction, so sorry! :) " type of flirt, not a "Die you fool" type of flirt. He would probrably see right through the veiled flirt and laugh.

...Please, please Mistress Kania, don't kill meeeeeeeee!!!

Ahhhh! An important thought came in Kanny's silly head! As I remember, no one will be forced to install new sounding or portrait, if it will be made. As well as Lovely One is not going to change his Alignment, BUT!!! WHAT about that gay-club of Sensates??? I personally would very much prefer not to make myself and my loved one leave the Doomguard, but of course our Romance will be the most Romantic romance that ever existed. You see, I love him, my Haer'Dalis, not a "somebody, almost created anew with my feelings". I don't want him to change at all, I only want him to be with me. It's already bad enough if I'll have to make "kind" choises in quests that are not connected with Romance, and behave like a goody-goody to make him notice me. But I'm ready to change, t'is me, who should do it. For him. But the Sensates... Or it will be an option that I can avoid too?? *hopefully*

Haer'Dalis as he is will not stay with any woman; the more she loves him, the more he will be prone to run off. References: brilliant Raelis and tender Aerie. Though, I don't see the point of him changing Factions on Faerun where Factions have no influence or significance.

Haer'Dalis as he is will not stay with any woman; the more she loves him, the more he will be prone to run off. References: brilliant Raelis and tender Aerie. Though, I don't see the point of him changing Factions on Faerun where Factions have no influence or significance.

Sheesh, you can't be talking instead of him, what he will or will not do. T'is not how much "she" loves him, everything is only about *his* feelings. Raelis? Oh yea! She's brilliant! Nobody else could make me laugh so much. After I learned about she and QUAYLE!!! And who ever sayed she loved him? And Aerie, that bitch, was mainly thinking about herself and expecting compliments and attention and not only from him - from everybody. Minsc or the PC after all. If HD didn't challenge PC, she would be happily staying in this party as a "center of the world". Phew! But t'is NOT AT ALL the point. The Factions, yes. Another good reason. :)

Archived