Need help creating a shapeshifter kit

rlilewis

I'm creating a Shadow Druid kit atm but have run into some difficulties, I don't have a great deal of experience modding so I was hoping people could guide me in the right direction. I'm using Near Infinity for my editing.

The Shadow Druid can shift into different levels of spider (better spiders as they level up). I have done this successfully but I have a few problems:

1) The player can still gain a bonus to AC when they have a shield equipped

2) The "Create Item" command only shows the weapon created down the bottom left in the quick weapon slots, however it does not show up in my inventory in that quick weapon slot. I want it to show up so i can give it a description when right clicked.

I have tried using "Create Item in Slot" but if I have a weapon in their already it will delete it : /

I have seen the changes to the Shapeshifter Druid in the BG2 tweak pack which summons real items and the player has to equip them to shift into the Werewolf. This would probably solve both my problems, but seems awkward and immersion breaking especially as druids only have 2 quick weapon slots.

Is there anyway around the above listed without having to create items into the inventory which the player then has to equip manually?

Thanks

Is there anyway around the above listed without having to create items into the inventory which the player then has to equip manually?
I think CamDawg and the Tweakers experimented with a bunch of different options and couldn't come up with anything better. Which probably means there isn't really a better option. Maybe one of them can explain more - otherwise, there's some forum posts around here on the subject; feel free to dig into them.

Archived