Minor Error + Questions

1. There is a minor error in the Fixpack regarding the Diviner kit description.

Opposition School: Conjuration/ Summoning

There should not be a space after the slash (before the word "Summoning").

2. Is Scriptable Spells (NOT Detectable Spells; I'm asking about the fixpack by Cirerrek) included in the BG2 Fixpack?

3. Has anyone given any thought to incorporating gMinion into the BG2 Fixpack (with Cirerrek's permission, of course)?

I think it can be reasonably argued that the designers did not *intend* for your summons to behave like lobotomized lab-rats. More likely they didn't have the time or motivation to code proper AI.

aWL

EDIT: Clarity, Spelling

3. Has anyone given any thought to incorporating gMinion into the BG2 Fixpack (with Cirerrek's permission, of course)?

I think it can be reasonably argued that the designers did not *intend* for your summons to behave like lobotomized lab-rats. More likely they didn't have the time or motivation to code proper AI.

This is not a fix, this is a tweak. You could try asking in the BG2 Tweak Pack forums. I'm not sure how far that would get, however.

This is not a fix, this is a tweak. You could try asking in the BG2 Tweak Pack forums. I'm not sure how far that would get, however.

So you think that the designers meant for my Efreet to kill half my party with a fireball? You think that the designers meant for my Wood Nymph to disobey the commands that I issue and instead waste her time casting useless spells?

I'd say you've got an odd perspective on things.

aWL

We made an executive decision a while ago not to try and mess with AI unless it's egregious (i.e. the mage scripts that targeted lightning bolts on themselves, for example) because it's a very steep, very slippery slope. As far as nuking friendlies with fireballs, it's fairly common that scripts tend to not check for friendlies in AoE--mainly because it's not really easy. (How do you check Range((PC]) from your target?) Regardless, gMinion is well beyond anything we'd include in the Fixpack.

Scriptable Spells is included. (I really need to make this more prominent in the docs, as this seems to be a common question.)

The typo will be fixed for the next version.

Guest Guest
We made an executive decision a while ago not to try and mess with AI unless it's egregious (i.e. the mage scripts that targeted lightning bolts on themselves, for example) because it's a very steep, very slippery slope. As far as nuking friendlies with fireballs, it's fairly common that scripts tend to not check for friendlies in AoE--mainly because it's not really easy. (How do you check Range((PC]) from your target?) Regardless, gMinion is well beyond anything we'd include in the Fixpack.

Cool. Just thought I'd throw it out there as an option. gMinion is one of the few mods that I consider absolutely essential to an enjoyable game of BG2.

Scriptable Spells is included. (I really need to make this more prominent in the docs, as this seems to be a common question.)

Thanks for clarifying that fact for me. It might be a good idea to include the entire readme in the Fixpack download. The detailed readme for each section, available on the website, isn't included with the mod (only the main readme page).

The typo will be fixed for the next version.

Cool. You might also want to remove "Additional Hero Quests in Trademeet Wait Until Hero is Officially Named" from the Optional But Cool section of the readme (since the component has been incorporated into Core Fixes). Caused me a wee bit o confusion until I glanced at the changelog.

aWL

Archived