Raughbard (Fallen) Paladin Mod Idea for BGTutu (and more?)

Qwallath

Thanks so much, Jastey. The missing ~ was indeed the culprit.

The rest of the install went off without a problem.

I'm not sure if the area script patching was working as it should, as he wasn't showing up where he was supposed to. I Clua'ed him in though, and the dialogue seemed to work fine, as did the joining.

Also, I'm glad joining a Rep20 party doesn't turn him back into regular paladin immediately :thumbsup:

OK: back to more tweaking and fixing and writing...

It's not outdated, as Mr Qwallath will soon find out during the playtest.

IF ~~ mark

SAY ~~ EXIT

END

will compile, but it won't perform correctly. "No valid replies or links" will be my guess.

IF ~~ mark

SAY ~~

IF ~~ EXIT

END

is the correct way to go, as you noted earlier.

I don't see it mentioned anywhere, so I will suggest it: You might want to use a mod-specific prefix for your mod before variables. It's just a cleaner way of doing bussiness. I doubt there is actually a potential for global conflicts when people start them, with their NPC name, but it keeps it all together in the Keeper if nothing else. :thumbsup:

Alright - just so you know, if you're interested, I've survived the first weeks, which are probably some of the hardest.

I'm still interested in the mod, and I'm still writing, and the ideas keep growing.

Currently, I'm working on friendship and lovetalks.

I've finished working test versions of the basic CRE file for the character, and of the maimed hand item, which now correctly bestows the single weapon style bonus.

I've also been doing some background research on the issue of certain Faerunian gods for the plotline. The character's god is Tyr, to begin with. No more "Helm, give me strength!" at every turn!

But, as you may know, there is both a redemption and a corruption path planned for this (now) Lawful Neutral Fallen Paladin. The latter will involve dealings with some of the darker sides of the Forgotten Realms pantheon.

No spoilers yet, hehe.

By the way, Tyr's got two sides - or, rather, it's true for His clergy and paladins: one embraces mercy, another embraces justice. Naturally, it all comes to the same thing, but there is a notable, if subtle, difference. Which side does your character belong to?

Raughbard is definitely on the justice side!

As I envision it now, if the PC wants to help him regain his faith in good, you will have to teach Raughbard something about mercy and the good of justice.

On the other hand, Raughbard has a strong connection (and a darker past) connected with the vengeance and retribution side of justice. He's not a fallen paladin for nothing, and this can be exploited by certain types of PCs who feel so inclined.

As you may expect, he is somewhat of an unstable personality on account of this past and his test of faith, and he is quite susceptible to the influence of (N)PCs with a stronger personality, in whatever direction.

Archived