Help with // path to your CLAB-style 2da file

Lady Kira

hello all ! i have been following the tut on kit creation. I have to admit most of it is confusing me ;) but i think im begining to understand useing the cleric of selene as a template for my bard untill i got to ...// path to your CLAB-style 2da file i dont have a clabstyle 2da the tut doens mention making one or i didnt see that part and using the clab from the skald kit isnt working.... here let me show you

BACKUP ~Dancer/backup~ // so WeiDU can uninstall

AUTHOR ~ladykirascott@yahoo.com~ // contact address displayed if installation fails

BEGIN ~ADD_KIT~ // name of this component

// internal name of the kit

ADD_KIT ~Dancer~

// appended to CLASWEAP.2da

~Dancer 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0~

// appended column-wise to WEAPPROF.2da

~Dancer 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 5 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 3 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0~

// appended to ABCLASRQ.2da

~Dancer 0 12 0 13 0 15~

// appended to ABCLSMOD.2da

~Dancer 0 0 0 0 0 0~

// appended to ABDCDSRQ.2da

~Dancer 0 17 0 0 0 17~

// appended to ABDCSCRQ.2da

~Dancer 0 15 0 0 0 15~

// appended to ALIGNMNT.2da

~Dancer 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0~

// appended to DUALCLAS.2da

~Dancer 0 0 0 0 0 0~

// path to your CLAB-style 2da file

~CLABBA04.2da~

// PC races and classes allowed to use this kit, from KITTABLE.2da

~K_C_E K_C_HE~

// usability flags, added to the end of the KITLIST.2da entry

~0x00800000 5~

// HLA table to use; see LUABBR.2da

~Ba0~

// list of starting equipment for PCs starting in ToB. Appended column-wise to 25STWEAP.2da

~* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *~

// Lower, mixed, and help kit names and descriptions, added to KITLIST.2da

SAY ~Sword Dancer~

SAY ~Sword Dancer~

SAY ~Sword Dancer: The sword dancer is a huntress, an entertainer, and a diplomat, but above all else she is a

fighter. Striving always to infuse her fighting style with beauty and grace, she views each fight as a prayer to her

goddess, Eilistraee. To see a sword dancer in combat is to witness fighting at its most artistic and wondrous.~

You will notice where i put the CLABBA04.2da and this is causing a unix.unix_error 20 any help would be most apreaciated as well as any advice on anything else i may have done wrong..or right :thumbsup: .... thanks! oh sorry for typos its nearly 5 am here

You will have to create (or use an existing) one!

From Cam's Kit tutorial:

CLABFI01.2da et al - This file controls what spells and bonuses are applied to te kit at level-up. Each kit and vanilla character class has a unique CLAB file, set by the KITLIST.2da file in the ABILITIES column. The columns correspond to the level at which the kit receives the ability and the rows list the abilities gained. Rows can be added indefinitely. There are three types of entries for the abilities: **** (nothing), AP_spellname (applied) or GA_spellname (gained). Spells that are applied are for permanent abilities such as a Wizard Slayer's inherent magic resistance or a barbarian's speed increase. Gained abilities are for once (or more) per day abilities, such as a Kensai's kai or snares for thieves. The CLAB file will probably be the most important file for creating your kit.

An example is distributed with WeiDU (examples/mymod/wwarch.2da). If you want to use an existing one, just extract it with your favourite Infinity Engine editing tool. (Near Infinity or something like that)

OK copyed a clab file just chose blade for now to get things working... renamed it and dancer installed, successfuly! yay! Except the kit is installing into the cleric row not the bards and with none of the changed i've made Boo :thumbsup:

EDIT: i found my problem it was here ..... // PC races and classes allowed to use this kit, from KITTABLE.2da

~K_C_E K_C_HE~

the C's needed to be B's and it went to where it was spose to go and seems to be acting right.

Archived