New version of SCSII imminent - translations sought

DavidW

I've just finished up version 5 of SCS II - I need to test a few bugfixes and modifications, then it'll be ready to release next week. There are a couple of dozen new lines which need translation into Polish, Spanish and German, so if anyone feels like providing me with an updated .tra file, I'd be delighted. Here's the new English version. It might help to note that the lines around @2500 are identical to lines @101-@109 of setup.tra in the Tactics mod, and that @606 has changed.

Lines from @2600 aren't urgent, as they refer to content that hasn't made it into this version.

Oops, a few more - sorry.

@217=~An invisible wall of force has blocked the doorway.~

@2700=~Trap the Soul~

@2701=~Seal Portal~

@2702=~A vast block of stone has slammed down across the exit.~

@2703=~A vast block of stone has slammed down across the entrance.~

Oops, a few more - sorry.

@217=~An invisible wall of force has blocked the doorway.~

@2700=~Trap the Soul~

@2701=~Seal Portal~

@2702=~A vast block of stone has slammed down across the exit.~

@2703=~A vast block of stone has slammed down across the entrance.~

Yay :thumbsup:

Okay, I think I was wrong about the @260x lines, they will get in. In fact, I now need

@2600=~What sport! The Flail of the Ages in the hands of a mortal once more! Come, brethren, glorious battle awaits us!~

@2601=~Fellow hunters, we have not travelled in vain - it is indeed the Flail of the Ages.~

@2602=~Do you imagine they knew what they were doing when they forged it anew?~

@2603=~It matters not - I have thoughts only for its glorious retrieval!~

@2604=~Thieves and defilers! You WILL surrender the blade!~

@2605=~In the name of the lich queen, you will suffer and die for your sacrilege!~

@2606=~Change of plan, men. This one's too much for us.~

@2607=~It's <CHARNAME>!~

@2608=~Let's get out of here!~

@2609=~Adventurers!~

@2610=~Run!!~

Sorry... last ones, I promise!

Am I too late? I don't know, DavidW, if you've gotten the translation file from Inmortality or any other from ClanDLAN, although I could do a quick (and probably dirty) translation to spanish if you feel so. I've read in the "content feedback" thread, though, that the next version is already on Cam's hands, so this might come a little late.

By the way, I think there is a typo in the english version. In line 558, character 200 (reference @606, 1), you have written "^MInvisibilty", instead of "Invisibility" (missing final "i"). The "^M" part could be artificial, as I am opening the file from Linux.

I don't think Cam has downloaded it yet, so by all means send one if you can.

OK, I have done it in linux (god bless Vi), but I've opened it in a WinXP machine with wordpad to assure encoding was OK. However, I'd love to know if this works, as I might have forgotten a "~" somewhere. However, I see no "attach file" option. It may be because I have few posts here. I hope you don't mind if I send you an e-mail with the file. My e-mail is "el" dot "quark" at g-mail.

There are a couple of places where I have doubts, though:

@2504 is an "ice-like" effect, ain't it?

@2508 and 2509 look like names, so I haven't translated them

@2510, I wasn't 100% sure, so I translated literally.

@2604, what is "blade" supposed to mean? I mean, it is usually a synonim for sword, or the edgy part of the sword, but the surrounding lines refer to the Flail of Ages.

Finally, I've corrected all translations of "Proficiency" to "Talento marcial", which is applied nearly everywhere else and "not allowed to" to "No permitido a", which are the default translations, too.

I'll be sending you an e-mail soon. Hope it helps,

Miguel

EDIT: I suppose "slam down accros" means "fall down and block", right?

@2504 I think so too. Maybe something an undead creature might use. A special ability or something like that. Although this doesn't sound too logical, assuming that SCS usually doesn't add special abilities, iirc.

@2508 and 2509 Agreed. Maybe David can answer this question properly.

@2510 Looks like some battlecry or ability to me. Considering the other 25XX lines this might all be related to one creature or battle.

@2604 The blade in question is the Silverblade, the sword the githyanki are after. At least I think that's what it's about.

Archived