Discussion on Crossmod Interest Thread

Moongaze II

As I've said before, Moongaze, I don't think past history should affect modding like that. I've never attempted to discredit or attack you, and I don't intend to. This project especially is open to all contributors, and I look forward to seeing more content for your NPCs in future. That goes for everyone, really. :blush:

I am more than happy to set aside differences for the cause of modding. I think as long as everyone enjoys themselves, petty arguing never actually gets anyone anywhere, and is mostly just a waste of time. I'm fairly sure you agree. :suspect:

I realize that this is a mod hosted by G3, but shouldn't there be a crossmod interest thread pinned in ALL the forums? After all, since it's a collaboration of so many different modders from the various sites, I think it should be seen everywhere. It might garner more interest in it, too.

Except for the part where the maintainers aren't moderators in all communities, yes. That's the thing. Maintaining this mod across 5+ communities is impossible, because it would mean that the maintainers would have to have moderator access to all the communities where the thread was run, and it would mean updating all the threads every time somebody adds an in-progress mod, or every time a mod makes it to release.

The BG2 Fixpack is used by modders and players in all communities, too, but I'm sure you can see why maintaining separate "interest" threads in all would be a bad idea.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's better off the way it is, with one central thread at the mod's home site.

I didn't quite mean that you should have duplicates in the other forums, but there should be pinned threads that link to the central one. That way there would be no need to update any except this one. If I were an administrator of a site, I wouldn't hesitate to sticky it for you (key word being "If").

Should someone choose to add information to one of the extensions rather than coming here, any nobody (like me!) could copy/paste it over here for further updating.

Archived