Experience most of NPC's content

Patrax

I decided to replay the Baldur saga a few days ago. To my delight I have found that the mods have grown leaps and bounds over the years. I started a mega build with Easy TUTU and NPC Project. I'm loving the interaction so far

Usually when I play BG I like to mix and match my party throughout the game. My question is, with the mix and match style of play will I end up breaking some of the interactions by kicking someone out of the party? Say for example I'm romancing a NPC and then kick him/her out for a quest or two, will that break the romance? Are any of the NPC quests affected in the same manor? Another question about romance. Can you start a romance then end it in case you change your mind and go for a different one. The reason I ask is, I just started chapter 2 and I was going to pick Branwen up to help in the Nashkel mines. I want to try her romance for a while. I'm thinking when I go to rescue Dynaheir I'd like the option to switch to her romance.

Sorry for all the noobish questions. I've been wading through readmes and forums and didn't see any of these questions addressed. Thanks for any help.

With BG1 NPC romances, they don't break if you exclude them from the party for a while, so you'll be all right in this department. I recommend "NPCs wait in an inns" component, so that your NPCs do not leave forever, but wait for you somewhere safe instead.

One thing you should take care of is your reputation: for example, if it's very, very high(say, 18) and you're dismissing a neutral NPC from the party(say, Branwen), they may leave forever. It's not an issue in BG2, but Tutu(and BGT I recall) copies over BG1 reputation/happiness values, so this can be a problem.

And, of course, if NPC is not in the party with you, you'll not see some of their scenery dialogue, or interjections, though regular banters and lovetalks will still play.

Enjoy! :thumbsup: (Naturally, I recommend a game with Branwen romance and then another game with Dyna romance, seeing how there's so many NPCs and so much content, but you can play both side by side for quite a while).

Slightly off topic, but is the Branwen romance working again?

Also, so far, the characters that I've noticed with the most to say are Viconia and Jaheira. I may be wrong, but they appear to have a lot of interjections (particularly Viconia), and you can take them both with you for the full saga.

Viconia definitely has a lot of interjections, I'll give her that. And Jaheira, too, but Jaheira has quests that you might or might not choose to play out.

The Branwen romance, and all of the other romances, are working in v15.

Slightly off topic, but is the Branwen romance working again?

I do hope so. I've tested one of the v15 betas specifically to check that; I think it does.

(Though, despite both mine and SisterVigilante's reassurance that no, SisterVigilante didn't participate in the project, his name is still in the credits. Well, better so than the other way around, I guess. Though sometimes credits can be disproportionate.)

Also, so far, the characters that I've noticed with the most to say are Viconia and Jaheira. I may be wrong, but they appear to have a lot of interjections (particularly Viconia), and you can take them both with you for the full saga.

I agree - Jaheira also has quite a few scenery reactions. In my playthroughs, Kivan, Xan and Imoen had even more to say than Jaheira, though; also, Ajantis is very vocal.

Thanks for the reply. As far as the quests go I should be able to play them all as long as I have the NPC in my party in the trigger encounters?

How do I check my NPC Project version? I dled from the main project page but noticed the gibbering mod section has version 15.

I was using the Mod Compatibility and Order of Install guide so that might need to be updated.

Yep - the most fun is to pick up a full party and then swap out NPCs for eachother as you complete the quests. The docs will help, but the Romance Guide is outdated a bit; take it with a grain of salt as it still reflects v11 content.

For those of us who enjoy romancing the ladies, my personal favorite romance is Dynaheir, but it is definitely a Lawful Good type of romance. It definitely adds good content. I have never been able to complete a Shar-Teel Romance because I just can't keep my reputation low enough (hard for me even in play to purposefully hurt others) but it has tremendous replayability and lots of randomized branches to follow in dialogue. Plus, she is fascinating.

The docs do come in handy. I noticed a guide was missing for Ajantis' Quest. Can someone give me a hint as to where his quest starts so I don't miss it.

I've played with Ajantis multiple times, and I have a feeling that... um, there isn't one?

Sorry for the confusion. Under the notes section on the Readme web page there a listing for Ajantis' Quest. You might want to fix that. Too bad though, he's one of my fav. characters.

I have to say my hats are off to you guys. This mod is awesome. The game is a richer experience with this mod. Thank you!!!!

I have another question concerning romances. Is it possible to play two romances in a game as long as I don't have the conflicting NPCs in my party together? I picked up Brawen and while doing the NPC quests I'm almost up to the Candelkeep talk and haven't even finished chapter 2 yet. Can I start the Dynaheir romance if I send Brawen away or do I need to end that relationship? Heh, I kind of like the idea of playing the cheating boyfriend. Might make for an interesting wrinkle in a future release if the npcs could somehow suspect you are cheating on them.

I have a question about quests as well. Is it safe to send a NPC to an inn if you started a quest and need to wait a bit to complete the second part? I want to boot Xzar and Monty and then pick them back up once I reach Baldur's Gate.

With two female romances, you don't have to do anything: when you pick up Dynaheir, you'll be able to run two romances side by side. A jerk, a good guy, a confused young man - all roles are open to you.

Just be warned - Branwen's "Come and kiss me, if you so desire!" lovetalk is a turning point. If you refuse to, your romance will break. If you agree, you'll have to break up with her to start a romance with Dynaheir - but it's possible. This lovetalk should be far away yet, though - it's number twelve, so.

With Xzar and Monty, yes, but there's a vanilla game check that may cause them to disappear if you've completed Nashkel Mines quest without them; as you're still in Chapter 2, I thought you should know.

Archived