IsValidForPartyDialogue

Guest LaRock

I tend to use See() for banters, because I don't want my guys chatting up invisible characters,

At this point, I'm favoring InMyArea, because the party NPC's know the other person is there. Yeah, it's odd if Imoen's trying to sneak up to something, but I'm the sort of player who hands Nalia the Staff of the Magi, or puts Kivan's cloak on, and never unequips either--so there'd be little conversation for them with SEE.

Another thing to note about IsValidForPartyDialogue:

It will return false, if the target person has started the dialogue. For example, if you talk to Sir Ryan Trawl in the Order of the Radiant Heart to get the fallen paladins quest and happen to have Keldorn as your leader (or simply selected him to initiate the dialogue), he will not interject.

Even when there already was an interjection (so the current speaker is someone else) the trigger will still evaluate to false with respect to the person who started the dialogue. So if you have Mazzy and Anomen in the party and Mazzy initiates the talk with Sir Ryan, Anomen will interject, but the IsValidForPartyDialogue("Mazzy") in Anomen's dialogue will return false.

Archived