How to make graphics and anim?

Urupilindi

Hi!

I apologise if this thread is on the wrong place, i have being looking now for a time a place for a graphic question but with a zero of results. hope you have indulgence for this!

I would like to make some test graphics, animation and items for the BG series and IWD series. And of course how to implement it to the game "the simplest way". If someone could guide me little bit how and where to begin?

The thing is that i have absolutely no idea where to start. Which graphic program and format is best to create the graphics? Which compression are the graphic files in the game? What is the easiest way to test the graphics? Are there some graphic differences between BG and IWD?

I would be very grateful if someone could help me! :thumbsup:

Best/Urupilindi

Item bams are easy. I think, IWD doesn't like compression (BAMC format).

I would use dltcep, and import BMP's to convert them into BAM. (compress it only for BG2).

Other people use various BAM workshop versions.

dltcep also lets you compress the files created by other tools (if those tools cannot compress it).

Hi Avenger!

thx for a quick answer! :thumbsup:

Okay... i was thinking of creating some "area", "backgrounds", "characters anim", items and why not "spells" when you have mentioned it! I can wait with Avatar pictures, that would be the easiest way i think to make graphics.

1. You are saying BMP to BAM. Can i only us BMP, can i not convert PNG, TGA(or something else) for example to BAM?

2. So if i understand BG series using BAM and IWD series using BAMC?

When i checking BG1, BG2 and IWD2 on my own computer i can only see BIF files! How to see the differense?

Guest Guest

In a related question, i have a BURNING question. You are the same avenger that sometimes posts in the other forums with a Thief avatar right?

In a related question, i have a BURNING question. You are the same avenger that sometimes posts in the other forums with a Thief avatar right?

No, the one who makes those mods isn't me (he is avenger_rr on these forums, rr as in rogue rebalancing iirc).

I made dltcep and work on gemrb.

I figured out how to place animation frames into a BAM file. Now to the complex part: assuming I create a new .CRE file with a new monster, how do I assign an animation to the creature? Am I forced to overwrite one of the standard animations given as options in the droplist? And, moreover, as it appears that BAM files only contain one single animation sequence (walking, striking, casting) how do you "assemble" the animation from individual BAMs?

Bams may contain multiple sequences.

It depends on the animation scheme how many bams are used for an avatar.

gemrb supports all existing animation schemes (see avatars.2da)

dltcep also lets you import a whole sequence of bmp's into a bam animation sequence.

And it lets you merge bams too.

I would create single sequence bams, and then merge them into an avatar animation.

This isn't the most refined areas of dltcep, so be careful and make backups.

Guest Guest

Hi Avenger!

So if i understand everything correctly, im suppose to make for "character animations" or "spell animations" a sequences of bmp images which i merge into a bam file, but throught this program "CreatureBAMIt" im suppose to merge a gif sequence to a bam fil.

Which is best? You have only mentioned bmp, but it looks like i can us gif also???

Hi Avenger!

So if i understand everything correctly, im suppose to make for "character animations" or "spell animations" a sequences of bmp images which i merge into a bam file, but throught this program "CreatureBAMIt" im suppose to merge a gif sequence to a bam fil.

Which is best? You have only mentioned bmp, but it looks like i can us gif also???

I never used that tool, but it sounds like a specialized tool.

So, its complexity is surely less. I would say, try it, and if it works, then use it.

Thx!D i think i will try it!

I have found graphic tools for IE in two places for the moment, and thats your program dltcep and two handfull of programs on the TeamBG site! Is there more places you could refer to which i could download some more graphic and others good programs for IE?

It seem like its a whole bunch of them! :suspect:

Archived