How to make graphics and anim?

Urupilindi

There are many sites that host links to modding program, like: pocketplane, blackwyrm lair and clan dlan. But i doubt they can offer new stuff over what you already found.

Graphics, especially avatar graphic is not much modded.

Okay, I have created an all-new BAM using the old TeamBG program that Urupilindi found. It does just one thing but it does it fast. I have opened the BAM in DLTCEP and it can read it, except for the fact that the programs that I used for batch conversions seem to have screwed up the palette. There is a "Load Palette" function in DLTCEP's BAM editor. What formats can it load?

One more question: how will the alpha channel be handled in GemRB? If I have an animation that uses alpha blending, will GemRB support it?

Graphics, especially avatar graphic is not much modded.

If I get in the right mood, this will be fixed :suspect:

Guest Guest

I like bamworkshop 1 for most bamming. the centering bams and other alignment issues I handle with DLTCEP

one of you asked a bit about areas 3ds is a very good tool (expencive) to make 'new' areas. it is hard to learn but an awesome tool. can do creature and effect animations

you can make areas with a 2d editor as well reusing existing graphics

Sir-Kill

One more question: how will the alpha channel be handled in GemRB? If I have an animation that uses alpha blending, will GemRB support it?

Yes, gemrb already handles per pixel transparency (alpha blending) or per surface transparency as well. You need to set the usual flag for area animations/vvc to get alpha blending.

This may not work in PST yet, at least i saw weird area animations in PST. (maybe they always do alpha, i dunno).

Back to the question, alpha channel is generated from the pixel's rgb values. The less the sum (i think there is some non linear formula) the more transparent the pixel is.

Archived