Answered my own question

Chronis

Edit: Code below works fine, I was just being a dummy and reversed the x,y coordinates when I typed them in.

So my NPC works fine when I summon her using CLUAConsole, but I cant seem to modify the Area file in order to get her to spawn in tutu.

Here is what I am doing

In the setup.exe file I have

EXTEND_TOP ~_AR3300.bcs~ ~Kirinhale/Scripts/#CAR3300.baf~

In the #CAR3300.baf file I have

IF

Global("KiriExists","Global",0)

THEN

RESPONSE #100

SetGlobal("KiriExists","Global",1)

CreateCreature("Kiri",[1483.1934],3)

END

This code seems to run fine in weidu and it says its extending the area script, yet I still get the big nada zero zilch. I swear this exact same code worked fine in BGII. Is tutu different or am I missing something?

the command

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Kiri") works fine so its not the creature file

Should work; I use the same code pretty much. You might make sure the variable isn't already set or something weird.

And you probably want to EXTEND_BOTTOM for what you're doing, though that probably isn't preventing it from working.

Edit: heh, nevermind then, you ninja editor... :thumbsup:

Have you tried switching the order of the actions? By that, I mean setting the variable after you've spawned the CRE?

You also need to check to be sure that the location you have selected isn't in the middle of a wall or anything.

Here's a quick check: when she isn't where you think she should be, try checking the global. If KiriExists=1, then you've got a script misfire, and you'd be better off switching the action order.

By the way, with everything going on in Beregost, is it absolutely essential that the NPC spawn there? For my Beregost area spawns, I actually spawn them in the temple, FW3400, and move the NPCs to their final destinations through script.

Guest Guest
And you probably want to EXTEND_BOTTOM for what you're doing, though that probably isn't preventing it from working.

Does it matter? I thought the extend bottom and extend top pretty much did the same thing

Does it matter? I thought the extend bottom and extend top pretty much did the same thing
They both extend a script, but scripting is all about priorities, and you want to look at the script you're extending to determine the best approach, as CamDawg and Ascension64 recommend (read link only if extremely bored). In the case of _ar3300, what few blocks there are (in the unmodded game anyway) have to do largely with chapter changing scenes, the movie when you enter Beregost for the first time, etc. There is no reason your block needs to take priority over others, so you might as well EXTEND_BOTTOM. In reality it makes no difference since your block isn't preventing anything else, and all blocks will execute in a fraction of a second. But the maxim I mod by anyway is to EXTEND_BOTTOM unless you find you need to EXTEND_TOP. It's a less cutthroat and egocentric way of doing things (despite what we modders may think, mod content is rarely more important than vanilla content).

And yes, you want to avoid adding stuff to Beregost proper if possible. Spawning the NPC in a building (not already used by other mods - see the Tutu/BGT mod "reservation" list in my sig) such as a tavern will work too.

Edit: redundancy

Archived